Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

buying a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have no idea why you'd ask me Peter however, I have sold rounds for as low as 3 x cleans when they have been out of the way stuff I wanted to get shot of quickly, and then I have also sold rounds for 10 x cleans when it has been well managed compact established rounds.

You had me thinking most of the morning about this Adam, personally I am not one for buying a round, I prefer to canvass and advertise but if the right round came along I am sure I could be tempted.

This guy is asking 6 x cleans for a round he has (allegedly) built up over the years, all good clean business with reliable customers. So why not give him the 6 x cleans?

Some on here have paid the canvassers 3 x cleans for pure un-qualified trash before now then you have to sort through the chaff yourself, deal with any drop outs and also every job is a first clean.

At least here you have the advantage of people that have a window cleaner, want a window cleaner and are used to how a window cleaner works. No first cleans, all just maintenance. I think in hindsight as long as the round is in an area that is acceptable to you and he is willing to show you the rounds full history and to take you round and introduce you to the clients then I would make him a counter offer of 4 x cleans and be prepared to meet at 5 x cleans.

Can't pay 6 x cleans as not haggling is against the principles /emoticons/tongue.png

Its trad though green, and its cash collection.

2 big stumbling blocks that i wouldnt want to risk at even 4x

3x and i might be tempted maybe

if it was all wfp and online payments then 4-5x might be plausable

Found another bit of work for sale about 20mins from me, just a days work takes £200...guess how much he wants for it.......£1800!

mind you going by how hard it is to come across decent work round here maybe these lads are not daft

Said it yourself Adam, afterall you have already sent two canvassers home in tears! /emoticons/sad.png(
Now, now, don't mention the 'C' word......actually we never did get a reply to that thread did we .

mind you going by how hard it is to come across decent work round here maybe these lads are not daft
Just out of interest what is it that makes the Wakefield area harder than other areas ? I am not brit so dont know the city or sourundings /emoticons/smile.png

X4 is the maximum for me, it would have to be well established, compact and we'll trained customers with minimum text/call the night before. People wanting more than that is taking the pee tbh.

Just out of interest what is it that makes the Wakefield area harder than other areas ? I am not brit so dont know the city or sourundings /emoticons/smile.png
Yet.

Now, now, don't mention the 'C' word......actually we never did get a reply to that thread did we
There's god reasons for that Jimbo, my advice is if you want more information talk to certain users via the PM option

Just out of interest what is it that makes the Wakefield area harder than other areas ? I am not brit so dont know the city or sourundings
Mix a touch of Baghdad, a hint of Kosovo, throw in a smidge of Bratislava, and mix well with Pakistan. Now you have your base. Now **** all over it, add in a few pounds of cow sh*t for good measure and allow to ferment for a good while!

Still need more of an explanation of Wakefield Jacob? /emoticons/tongue.png:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:/emoticons/tongue.png

Think it got i green lol got some places in mind that could simulate Wakefield then :laugh:

Think it got i green lol got some places in mind that could simulate Wakefield then
Excellent!! So we have some areas in Belgium to practice tactical nuclear bombing before we hit Wakefield!! Should allow us to hone our skills so the fall out doesn't affect areas outside Wakefield we want to keep! /emoticons/tongue.png

Its trad though green, and its cash collection.2 big stumbling blocks that i wouldnt want to risk at even 4x

3x and i might be tempted maybe

if it was all wfp and online payments then 4-5x might be plausable

Found another bit of work for sale about 20mins from me, just a days work takes £200...guess how much he wants for it.......£1800!

The reason the round is trad and collection is down to the window cleaner like I said I converted a full trad round from day one straight to wfp no problems most people say "as long as my windows are clean I don't care" and the ones that were fussy I said call me back if you get any problems and I'll clean for free. I'm still doing these ones 3 years later no calls yet! Also a lot of people would probably be happ that you offer an online payment option as they don't have cash laying around so that's another easy option. If your struggling to get more work in your area then this sounds like a good round imo.

haha

wakefield isnt that bad at all, certainly no rougher than nottingham

The problem is its in Yorkshire, and yorkshre folk are the tightest ******** on the planet

also its an old mining town and when the mining industry went tits up a lot of people turned to window cleaning and prices were pushed right down during the recession. People are set in their ways and prices havent changed much, people want owt for nowt up here.

Also unlike Leeds/Sheffield nearby its not somewhere people move to work and doesnt have a great attractions/universities or nightlife so its generally more working class. Its a city by name but more like a town, theres not much to see or do in wakey.

It does have its fair share of polish an pakis like anywhere but not on the levels of the surrounding areas of dewsbury and bradford.

Its not that hard to get work, i turn down work weekly but it is hard to get the prices that i want.

haha

The problem is its in Yorkshire, and yorkshre folk are the tightest ******** on the planet

also its an old mining town and when the mining industry went tits up a lot of people turned to window cleaning and prices were pushed right down during the recession. People are set in their ways and prices havent changed much, people want owt for nowt up here.

Also unlike Leeds/Sheffield nearby its not somewhere people move to work and doesnt have a great attractions/universities or nightlife so its generally more working class. Its a city by name but more like a town, theres not much to see or do in wakey.

It does have its fair share of polish an pakis like anywhere but not on the levels of the surrounding areas of dewsbury and bradford.

Its not that hard to get work, i turn down work weekly but it is hard to get the prices that i want.
Not much of a choice is it...Ricky Wilson v Robin Hood......both bleedin' thieves.

But

haha

but if you are struggeling why not pile up on lesser payed jobs instead of turning them down i mean they can slowly be replaced by better work. Better 50% of something than 100% of nothing

But
but if you are struggeling why not pile up on lesser payed jobs instead of turning them down i mean they can slowly be replaced by better work. Better 50% of something than 100% of nothing
It's a snare Jacob. Take on tripe and after a while you get used to the taste. Then you have to find some desperate mug to unload it on or just whimper into a corner and take a loss.

I know what you're saying man, a question of circumstance.

Ive thought about that jacob, but if i get a full round of poo then when will i have time to search for better work? i will be running around all week for poo money. Im not desperate for the work otherwise i would defo do that, i have a part time job and do carpet cleaning and car valeting.

Somedays i think sod it take anything for now, but when im cleaning a house for poo money i find myself rushing and begrudging doing it. Im determined to build a round at the prices i want no matter how long it takes, if i can get as many custies as i have at those prices then i know i can get the rest its just a matter of time.. im nearly half way to my target ill just keep moaning and plodding on.

I undetstand you then adamangler, i just thought you sat and turned every penny and then turn a job down, which seemed a bit silly in my head /emoticons/biggrin.png

But if you half way like you say no problem, i myself need about 80 more regulars to be happy so know where you at, but i am fortunate enough to be in a white whealthy part of this country so work comes "easy" /emoticons/smile.png

Then why not simply move Adam?

The English get far too stuck up their own arses when it comes to the 'i was born here, i was raised here, i'll bloody well die here' mentality, then sit round and moan about how tough things are there.

You always comment on the prices Adam so obviously thats the prices your 'market area' is willing to accept.

I was told i'd never get a tenner per job in Nottingham 'it's all fiver an house here'. Well tenner is my minimum charge for small bungalow and flats and Iam not hurting for the work, semis are up to £12 - £15 minimum and I have them coming up to me in the streets to sign up.

You seem to have some romantic notion of Wakefield

(and yes the areas of Nottingham i work do make wakefield look like a slum)

But it seems to me that wakefield treats you as it's cleaning skivvy for a pittance from the way you make it sound aometimes on here Adam.

Solution - move areas to find what you want.

The English get far too stuck up their own arses when it comes to the 'i was born here, i was raised here, i'll bloody well die here' mentality, then sit round and moan about how tough things are there.
i can tell you this that danes are much the same.

but really yeah, moving is a option if Things dont work

You always comment on the prices Adam so obviously thats the prices your 'market area' is willing to accept.

I was told i'd never get a tenner per job in Nottingham 'it's all fiver an house here'. Well tenner is my minimum charge for small bungalow and flats and Iam not hurting for the work, semis are up to £12 - £15 minimum and I have them coming up to me in the streets to sign up.

You seem to have some romantic notion of Wakefield

(and yes the areas of Nottingham i work do make wakefield look like a slum)

But it seems to me that wakefield treats you as it's cleaning skivvy for a pittance from the way you make it sound aometimes on here Adam.

Solution - move areas to find what you want.

Moving is something i have discussed with the mrs but main reason i have 3 kids up here that i dont want to move away from, also family and friends. On top of that its not financially viable at the minute. I have a kid on the way as well, so depending in my situation in another year or so i may move but theres money to be had up here, i do quite well with carpet cleaning and car valeting in leeds, its possiblt to build a decent round up here, for sure it would be easier moving down south but as hard as it is and as much as i moan about it i quite like the challenge of succeeding in a hard area.

Back