Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone advise please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martin C

Posted video last night regarding this, but this video shows what’s happening, when I pull the trigger on the gun the machine shakes & makes a rumbling noise, the video shows what happens when I release the trigger, the machine carries on rumbling, now.. when I open the pressure release valve the engine returns to its normal sound, seems to be a build up of pressure causing the machine to rumble & shake, any you guys able to advise on a possible fix? First 16 seconds of video shows the problem, after that I’m pulsing the trigger to try to get the machine to repeat the problem, but it does it every so often 🤔 https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/media/img_1154-mov.3/

I would guess so, they are made to very tight tolerances due to the pressures involved. Any wear or damaged components will probably make it perform weirdly.
Before putting it back on the machine I noticed the bottom shim is the same, is this how they should be or have they both snapped?

Before putting it back on the machine I noticed the bottom shim is the same, is this how they should be or have they both snapped?
Sorry no idea. Maybe try and find an image of a new one to compare.
I've just zoomed in and I think they are like piston rings so they have to have a 'split' in to be able to compress and seal against the bore.

Sorry no idea. Maybe try and find an image of a new one to compare.
I've just zoomed in and I think they are like piston rings so they have to have a 'split' in to be able to compress and seal against the bore.
Yes I think you’re right, very similar to piston ring setup, ok… back to the drawing board 😔 thanks ched.

I think they may come like like for assembly or allowing 'growth'when running hot
when we have unloader failure you tend to lose pressure no matter where you adjust it
for ease I'd replace the unloader unit and see how it runs

Right.. so located the mesh filter, yes it was gritty along with the bowl it sits in, cleaned it all out & flushed the inlet etc, that definitely cured the shaking & noise from the machine.
I’ve used the machine today & it still has the fault of shutting down after 20 minutes work it won’t restart until it has cooled down.. roughly 15 minutes.
Trying to restart it too soon results in a loud bang from the exhaust & kick back from the pull cord, can anyone advise on why it shuts down after being used for a while & wont restart until it’s been left to cool down?

Check your inlinefilter. When mine was doing similar that’s all it was.
Where would I find the filter please?
Follow the inlet pipe. Filter is a Y shaped brass thing. Big hex headed cap on one side. Stainless mesh filter inside. Don’t worry. I didn’t know mine had one either until the machine started making crunching noises. Actually bought a new unloader before someone pointed out what the issue was.

Like this.

Latest Posts

Back