can anyone help with the equipment i need?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by dan, Mar 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dan

dan Newcomer

Ive been working for someone using water fed pole for 2 years but now i want to start up myself.
    I have wrote a list of the basics i think i will need can anyone help me if they think i have missed anything and also were to get them cheapest. I have around £800 to spend.

18 foot pole found one for £99 .
    250 litre tank to start with found one for £130 cheapest but if anyone. knows were i could get a second hand one cheaper id be grateful.
    Found a bracket for the tank at £55, don't know if this is good price or not?
    r.o system i really don't know what one to get i think id only need 200gpd one as i will only be working 3 days a week to start.( hoping to get one for around £160 if possible)
    pump and veristream ive seen these available for around £150 but not sure if they are any good, could someone point me in the right direction for decent one at this price.
    im after a anti-kink hose with a metal reel any idea how much i should pay for this?
    i was thinking of getting to car batteries and swap them around charging one when im not using the other as i could get these for about £10 each.
    brush head around £20
    got a waterbutt im going to use to store the water is before transfering this to the van, do i need some sort of pump to get it from waterbutt to the van?
    and ill probably need to spend about £40 on fittings i expect.

Can anyone give me a idea were to get these items at a good price and if theres anything missing from that list i will need. thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

£800 i would either buy a kit or as you say find bits cheap but if u get a kit youll have everything you need in it rdy to go and be around your price 700-800

ya use a pump to transfer the water from tank in house to van

whats your ppm from the tap ?

3. dan

dan Newcomer

i dont have a tds meter reader so i couldn't tell you the ppm.
    am i allowed to post links so i can show you all the exact items i have found so somebody can tell me if there good enough to use or just a waste of money?

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Sounds ok what u have got down.

Personally I wouldn't use 2 car batteries for 2 reasons:
    1- Car batteries are designed for a high power output for the first few seconds, then drop, not designed for a trickle, better of with a leisure battery.
    2- Link battery for your system to battery on your vehicle using a split charge relay (or u can get one built in to the controller- very simple, I have this one:http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/hydroflo-pump-controller-built-in-batt-charger-1353-p.asp), that way dont need to keep swapping them round. it charges as you drive.

And get 6mm microbore hose & reel, just got mine for about £100 all in.

5. dan

dan Newcomer

were can i find that hose for £100 cheapest i can find is £130?
    guy i worked with has been using same two car batteries for few years just taking them in every few days to charge them.
    Also do you know how much it would cost for me to get a remote fitted so i can turn the varistream off and on without having to go to the van all the time?

6. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Hose was cleaningspot...but just checked & it was £120 not £100 sorry, still cheapest I could find tho.

Fair play with car batteries if ur happy doing that.

Never used a remote, but not sure why u need one? Have a tap at the end of ur hose, and when u turn off flow, the controller cuts of water anyway, dont need to keep turning on/off. Can work happily like that all day.

7. dan

dan Newcomer

ok but won't the pressure build up if you just use the tap with out switching the pump off. found everything i need now i think apart from fittings.

is the r.o system good enough if you type 300 GPD REVERSE OSMOSIS POLE WINDOW CLEANING SYSTEM onto ebay its the £149.99 one and would i need a booster pump in this?

8. Paul

Paul Guest

No mate you shouldn't get pressure build up, just don't leave it on too long if there is no water flowing.

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

i use a car batterie just becouse i bought one for my clio i never got round to useing seems fine i charge it once every 2 days on a slow charge over ***ht

get a leisure one tho first as last tbh i'm looking at 110ah ones for around £120-140

you wont get any pressure built up as the controller will cut it of when u stop the water on a tap on the main hose

where you from ? if ur ina soft water area u can get away with a di only vessel

10. dan

dan Newcomer

ok and i from cardiff thanks for all your help so far

Advertisement