Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vaseline on brush...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Customer put Vaseline on his windows to stop a cat from scratching at them, his wife feeds them...

It must be oil based because it's still on the brush. I rubbed some degreaser on the brush but can still feel it.

Any ideas?

It's transferring to other windows, not good!

Dry cloth the brush then a bucket of hotish water and degreaser of your choice Go back and forth new dry cloth every time. That would annoy me!

Had client who I am certain has sprayed wd40 on their frames about 5 months ago.

Tried a couple of times with degreaser still won't fully shift off frames so now the frames don't get done, But thankfully a quick degreaser treatment sorts out the brush but I always carry 2 brushes to swap if needed.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Virosol or ubik if you have it

Although i don't rate it for fascias etc you won't get much of a stronger degreaser than virosol

Don't you just love those customers. Not.

I got my brush contaminated with a greasy pigeon repellent gel some years ago. It nearly destroyed the brush. It was the stickiest, greasiest, messiest substance I have ever had the misfortune to get on my brush.

tfr 20 or white spirit as said above , if out on a job and i couldnt get  w.s. i would use tooth paste

half a tube at a time , i know it sounds silly but if you run out of oil remover on a carpet cleaning job , a **** of tooth paste rubbed into the mark you can wash it all out easy 

Back