Card readers - worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Dec 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

spose lots of you like me get offers to have a card reader, payment by card , reader hooks on the work belt .

not a say goes by by somebod or other selling the card reader dream ,pestering me

but do any of you do it,got one?, does it pay off ??

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

really expensive what i,ve been told

3. abs

abs Guru

Pointless for me as hardly anyone is home during the day and I don't collect at all in the evenings, sitting back and letting paypal collect my cash when customers pay is so much easier

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I could not justify the hassle & cost myself when other free payment options are available.

5. Anthony @ SCS

Anthony @ SCS Active Member

Have any of your customers offered to pay by card? If not then don't bother.

I personally think it's pointless in this particular job

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

nobody has ever asked to pay by card, but the thought occured to me that if the reader was on my belt very obvious AND maybe signage on my van it might work out ok . in corner shops paying by card is very popular ,for small amounts ,which seems justified

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

BACS is probably my best way of getting paid, you still have to chase the fookers up a lot though and you need their number to send a reminder text. I've been out collecting tonight and it was a nightmare. Only 4 houses to collect from and it took an hour and a half. I was going backwards and forwards trying to catch them in. I got in and the Mrs gave me an earful for being so long :(. I was only doing my best :)

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Bacs works well . iv not done any regular doorknock collecting for over 2 yrs now,praps more - it was very soul destroying and costly in fuel

9. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yep can relate to that Tuffers ...I won't to eliminate collecting in 2015, but it's goiing to be hard to get every customer on board....may well be a few getting dumped if they don't want to dance to my tune...:finger:

10. Anthony @ SCS

Anthony @ SCS Active Member

I'm sure you can get a card reader from PayPal for £50, not sure if there are further fees, I'm guessing you just use your mobile phone as an access point

Advertisement