Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charger for Big Boy back pack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bryyy2104

Does anyone know what type of charger this back pack takes? They sell spare parts on the website, but I'm a bit reluctant to pay £35 for a new one, if I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what type of charger this back pack takes? They sell spare parts on the website, but I'm a bit reluctant to pay £35 for a new one, if I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
It takes the generic (low voltage application IEC connector)
12v 1.7A
If you don't source and buy the OEM original you can buy another female IEC connector and solder it onto a 12v automotive trickle charger that's suited to SLA batteries or buy an amazon 12v SLA battery charger for around £20

Contact the window cleaning warehouse if you wish to purchase a genuine OEM FaceLiift Big boy backpack charger

Attachments

• 20240516_202000.jpg
    20240516_202000.jpg
    726.5 KB
  • 20240516_202013.jpg
    20240516_202013.jpg
    639.9 KB
I wonder if it is the actual charger you have @bryyy2104 that is faulty or a broken lead either to or from the charger.

Our Gardener backpack will be 8 years old in June and is used nearly every working day for something. Both the power cable to the charger and the cable from the charger to the backpack have been replaced because they fail.

It was a common fault with power tools that the cable breaks where it goes into the power tool at the handle. We wrap the cable around the charger and put it away when we have finished charging the backpack. The cable breaks at the charger outlet or, in our case recently, at the 'kettle plug' going into the backpack.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a charger that doesn't work or have you purchased a secondhand backpack without a charger ?

I've been given a second hand back pack without a charger. Looking at the connection it looked as though it used a C13 cable charger, but after having picked one up from Screwfix it doesn't fit. I might just order the one from WCW, even though it does seem over priced.

I've been given a second hand back pack without a charger. Looking at the connection it looked as though it used a C13 cable charger, but after having picked one up from Screwfix it doesn't fit. I might just order the one from WCW, even though it does seem over priced.
The 'kettle' socket is just a standard one used for 12v. There are 2 types of these sockets 1 is standard the other is used on kettles and is a high temp version with a notch at the bottom.
Double check which one you need.
Make 100% sure you don't stick mains voltage into the socket on the back pack as it won't go well!!! Also you need to get the polarity correct - don't assume the backpack cables colours are black =0v and red=12v - follow them back to the battery.

The 'kettle' socket is just a standard one used for 12v. There are 2 types of these sockets 1 is standard the other is used on kettles and is a high temp version with a notch at the bottom.
Double check which one you need.
Make 100% sure you don't stick mains voltage into the socket on the back pack as it won't go well!!! Also you need to get the polarity correct - don't assume the backpack cables colours are black =0v and red=12v - follow them back to the battery.
On the Gardener backpack charger, white is positive and red in negative.

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to be careful when charging the backpack! I don't really want to have to pay out for a new one.

Price it into your jobs. You have to spend money to make money unfortunately. I personally wouldn't ever buy anything secondhand

Back