Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cif outdoor multipurpose cream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

I’ve been using this for a few week and find it works better than regular cif, it was twice the price but has dropped to a comparable price as the regular stuff. Brings upvc up great. I’ve stocked up!

A6F76CB1-3BED-415F-BFEF-3071DE4EE8C1.jpeg

Will try that. Still have 2 large CIF ordinary cleaners left as well as 3 Pink Stuff paste I recently ordered.

I have found the Pink Stuff works fine but no better or no worse than the tub of Astonish paste we used before.

I had the guys from safestyle around my house recently, they asked me what I use for cleaning frames and I told them cream cleaner (like cif) they said you should not use the stuff on frames as it has a grit like quality and it will basically sand down the shine from the surface.

They gave me some solvent stuff that smells like pear drops, it works a treat and removes sticky stuff etc off windows and frames with ease.

untitled.png

I had the guys from safestyle around my house recently, they asked me what I use for cleaning frames and I told them cream cleaner (like cif) they said you should not use the stuff on frames as it has a grit like quality and it will basically sand down the shine from the surface.

They gave me some solvent stuff that smells like pear drops, it works a treat and removes sticky stuff etc off windows and frames with ease.

View attachment 14102
You are probably right, but using a solvent cleaner requires you to be up 'close and personal' with the frame you are cleaning. This is fine if you are doing a full frame restore as you have to get the ladders out anyway.

The beauty about CIF is that we can squirt a little on the brush head and scrub at height. It isn't as effective as doing the job properly but then that's not the remit.

BTW I do have some solvent UPVC cleaner which works much better. But when using it we need to use it with care.

I have serveral different creams and solvents including unger rub out for glass, but the most common thing I have come across is sellotape removal from doors and frames and without a doubt the pink stuff removes them in seconds with a gardiner superscraper pad. 

Will try that. Still have 2 large CIF ordinary cleaners left as well as 3 Pink Stuff paste I recently ordered.

I have found the Pink Stuff works fine but no better or no worse than the tub of Astonish paste we used before.
We used astonish as part of our oven cleaning Process. However they stopped making 500g tubs and went to 250g at the same price. We swapped to pink stuff and found it to be very good. Astonish do a special range with a silver tub, it's about £4. We got one to try and expected it to be nothing but a nicer tub but low and behold it worked much and lasted longer...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back