Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner App

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Poles Apart direct debits as you know them are the reserve of companies with massive customer bases. When I opened my business account I asked and wss told I would need a corporate account and not worth the bank charges until I had at least a couple of thousand customers paying by DD.

Direct debit is often confused with BACS but BACS is where a custome sends a one time payment through their on line banking so you have to rely on them to do that every month.

Another big advantage of using GoCardless via Cleaner Planner is if you do not do the clean this month and sync it as 'done' on Cleaner Planer is that it does not get collected from the customers bank so they are not paying for services they have not had.

Looks like another cost to the business to me where does it end? Round software, Go cardless plus fuel, equipment and so on and so on, general wfp windys charge higher prices to reflect costs, I worked on ladders for 18 years where things were simple less costs involved, no faulty equipment, no preparation time, equipment maintenance or water gathering, no one questioning the method and every one had cash and were always happy to pay, sometimes having being on both sides of the fence I have to say I do often miss the ladders and squeegee, everyone goes on about how much quicker wfp is not in my life it isn't I'm doing more hours at home.

@Poles Apart direct debits as you know them are the reserve of companies with massive customer bases. When I opened my business account I asked and wss told I would need a corporate account and not worth the bank charges until I had at least a couple of thousand customers paying by DD.
Direct debit is often confused with BACS but BACS is where a custome sends a one time payment through their on line banking so you have to rely on them to do that every month.

Another big advantage of using GoCardless via Cleaner Planner is if you do not do the clean this month and sync it as 'done' on Cleaner Planer is that it does not get collected from the customers bank so they are not paying for services they have not had.
I have never had one BACS failure I already have every customers phone number, if it's a mobile (and it normally is) I text with sort code and account number and ask them to tell me when it's done so I can tick it off, couldn't be simpler.

Poles if it works for you it works for you no one is holding a gun to your head mate.

BACS and DD are very different that is just a fact.

As @Damo says this topic has been exhausted.

If you want to sign up do and if you don't well the don't. It no ones business but yours mate and here ends my input on the subject also.

I never dismiss any initiative so will look into it more I just can't see the big advantage, maybe it's beneficial if you've got round software linked but I've never seen much of a point in that I use spreadsheets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back