Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner SMS feature

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's a lot slower for me since the server change in afraid, and my devices haven't changed at all. I'm sure it will sort it's self out, I always find that pulling the plug out and back in again sorts most technical problems ?
Standard IT solution ? 

giphy.gif

The dev team are investigating as we speak

Might actually build my own App and call it window cleaner app. It would involve the traffic light system. Green means you have a clean to do, Amber means you have cleaned it and awaiting payment. If you don't receive payment then it goes Red till its paid. That's the gist of it but would need to play about with it myself. Once I can get it to work without thinking then it would be ready for mass market, no better way to build an app from experience.

The squeege app seems slow as what i have read on here , @Squeegee App maybe put the price up by £5.00 and upgrade your servers ? I Was interested in ditching CP for squeege app but not after people are saying its slow ? cleanerplanner used to be slow 2-3 years ago but not now

The squeege app seems slow as what i have read on here , @Squeegee App maybe put the price up by £5.00 and upgrade your servers ? I Was interested in ditching CP for squeege app but not after people are saying its slow ? cleanerplanner used to be slow 2-3 years ago but not now
Mate personally I’ve had no problems with it being slow. Like most things you only get a snapshot when you read reviews unless there are a lot of them. It’s free to sign up so I’d advise giving that a go and playing with it to see how it works. 

How the hell do you make your own app??

A **** load of time, headaches and stress to get a product that you're only half happy with... Trust me I spent a good couple of years designing a recruitment app, there's so much more involved in the developing that I couldn't even dream of!! I would never even think about doing it again without a proper team of invested developers behind me!

Mate personally I’ve had no problems with it being slow. Like most things you only get a snapshot when you read reviews unless there are a lot of them. It’s free to sign up so I’d advise giving that a go and playing with it to see how it works. 
I done the trial but didn't really have time to give it a go... I remember cleanerplanner always being slow ! cleanerplanner used to annoy me so much it spoilt my rhythm at times and I had to cancel meeting/appointments because of there servers not responding at peak times, I stuck by them though and now I have no problems, I believe they upgraded there servers because i used to email them every day telling them to upgrade there servers, it used to freeze at peak times, so on a weekday at 4-5pm I would find it very slow,,,, and if u try log in with squeegee at peak times u will probably find the same for yourself if people are saying its slow.

Cleanerplanner is perfect for me now I rate it 10/10 but before I rated It 1/10 :D Lol

I done the trial but didn't really have time to give it a go... I remember cleanerplanner always being slow ! cleanerplanner used to annoy me so much it spoilt my rhythm at times and I had to cancel meeting/appointments because of there servers not responding at peak times, I stuck by them though and now I have no problems, I believe they upgraded there servers because i used to email them every day telling them to upgrade there servers, it used to freeze at peak times, so on a weekday at 4-5pm I would find it very slow,,,, and if u try log in with squeegee at peak times u will probably find the same for yourself if people are saying its slow.

Cleanerplanner is perfect for me now I rate it 10/10 but before I rated It 1/10 ? Lol

Squeegee is architected very differently to CP. CP is a client server app where all actions in the app are executed on the server, Squeegee is a self contained app which runs on your device. Most actions are performed on the device with the resulting changes to your data synced up to the server when you have a connection available. Actions like marking jobs as complete, recording payments etc don't rely on a connection to the squeegee servers and would not be slowed down by them being busy. If there are issues with the speed of marking jobs as done, this is either a bug in the app or an issue with the data on that account, either way we'd like to investigate so we can get to the bottom of it and fix the issue. The server upgrades were to improve the performance of our real time synchronisation system, which transfers the updates you've made to and from your device ???

I've used Squeegee for well over 18 months now and wouldn't use anything else. Of course there has been bugs and things along the way. But I must say the team spent some time sorting these out and the last 2 months on my phone it has been quick and solid. Can honestly say I've had no connection or lagging issues whatsoever. And I found the App much quicker than CP personally. With CP you still have to do admin once you are home.

I've been using squeegee today and had major issues. Got home and decided to go about re-installing the app. The download and install of the app took forever, in fact gave up after about 20 mins, however it did it in the end and it. 'seems' to be a little better but only used it a little since. Interesting to know how the data is handled and that it's not the connection bogging it down. Hope I can get it sorted as I really like it on the whole

No issues lately though.

Very intuitive to use if you have a play around.

Maybe that is where @Squeegee Appneeds to educate users as I find it easy but others may not.
I am old skool and prefer my pc, also I raised this last year and the year before about a how to walk through guide in a well written foramt , I ain't that bright and struggled to get my head around it along with other issues I have stayed with CP, which I had no issues getting my head around or Aworka years before 

I've been using squeegee today and had major issues. Got home and decided to go about re-installing the app. The download and install of the app took forever, in fact gave up after about 20 mins, however it did it in the end and it. 'seems' to be a little better but only used it a little since. Interesting to know how the data is handled and that it's not the connection bogging it down. Hope I can get it sorted as I really like it on the whole
Glad you've updated as a new version went out in the small hours this morning! Unfortunately we have no control over the download and install speed as this is entirely down to the app store (ios or android), the connection speed and the performance of the device you're installing on. An install from scratch here on a 2 year old pixel 2 and a decent internet connection the whole download and install process takes around 20 seconds and is wen faster on a recent iPhone. Do get in touch though if loading or using the app is slow tomorrow when you're out and about so we can keep looking into it. The first load will always be slow after a reinstall as it has to sync all data back from the squeegee cloud servers to your device. On extremely large accounts (with thousands of customers and years of history) this can take a minute or two, we're always working on improving this ?

@Squeegee App The worst bug at the moment (for me) is when I have a customer that is set up for GoCardless and I mark the job as done. As it tries switching over to the payment screen, it starts to sync and says "if you close down, data will be lost blah blah". I can see the GoCardless payment option in the background but I have no choice but to close it down and then reopen Squeegee and then will find that that particular job will be marked as done and it will now show in the "owing" tab. I have to then charge the GoCardless payment that way. Too long-winded. Please fix! Thanks

@Squeegee App The worst bug at the moment (for me) is when I have a customer that is set up for GoCardless and I mark the job as done. As it tries switching over to the payment screen, it starts to sync and says "if you close down, data will be lost blah blah". I can see the GoCardless payment option in the background but I have no choice but to close it down and then reopen Squeegee and then will find that that particular job will be marked as done and it will now show in the "owing" tab. I have to then charge the GoCardless payment that way. Too long-winded. Please fix! Thanks

Can you ping us a message in the app or via email so we can take a look into your account? This isn't a general problem that we're aware of (we'd have had thousands of support calls if it was a bug affecting everyone using GoCardless!) so it must be something specific to your data or device. If you could provide details in your message we can look into it for toy and get it sorted ??

Back