Cleaning Window With Metal Bits Between Glass, Best Way?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Oct 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I am not sure what you call them but the windows I want to call have metal thingees between the glass, just clean with a small squeegee?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

If its between the glass it shouldn't be a problem. You could clean it either way

3. paulio

paulio Active Member

I guess you mean Georgian windows with the leading on the glass?

If you can get a squeegee in there then use it, if not many people wet the glass with a wet cloth then scrim/mocrofibre dry.

4. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

buzzing - please dont take offense to this, do you not think it might be better for you to start off working for someone else? i know its a learning process but you really dont seem to have any idea and i just feel its a bit much to expect to clean peoples windows for money when you probably wouldnt do as good a job as if they did there own windows themselves? i really dont mean this negatively but i reckon some hands on experience is what you need, see if a local windy will take you out for the odd day, you would learn so much quicker imo

5. Paul

Paul Guest

GM I think that's bad advice try working for somebody else, he obviously want to work for himself that's why he cane to this forum to learn.

Buzzing if I were you mate I would get on a course like impact 43 and just ask as many questions ask you can on here no matter how silly the seem you will always get a answer, keep at it pal, keep practicing and jeep asking questions you will start picking tips up to make life easier.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What like this? fake geogian bars inside sealed dg unit.

[​IMG]

or this type? georgian bars (metal frame)

[​IMG]

or this type? leaded windows

[​IMG]

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Do they teach you how to window clean. I honestly thought it was just h&s ?

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh you do WFP and trad for s few hours

9. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

my advice was for buzzing, not everybody, from he's previous posts talking about not being comfortable on ladders, that he doesnt know how to trad,etc, just because you WANT to be a self employed window cleaner doesnt mean you will be any good at it, the customers deserve to pay for someone that knows what there doing, its not all about you! you will never learn how to clean windows on a course like you would by working for someone else, thats not me hating on courses, but anyone that has worked for someone else will tell you its the best foundation for growing your own business, too many people are setting up when they havent got a clue, it doesnt help the industry at all ....... IMO!

10. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Impact43 course is the best idea for him I think - proper teaching of everything, free, and a qualification at the end of it. . .

Advertisement