Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Comet ADX 320 help please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

richard barlow

Hello everyone, I'm new here, having just bought a Honda GP200 and Comet ADX 320 pump . There are  the usual instructions for the engine, but little else to tell me how to set the pump up. I noticed that unlike my previous machine there is no outflow nozzle to allow water to exit if the trigger is  off, and the engine idling. I presume you could screw one into the port labelled 'THERM' ? I'm thinking without one I would need to switch the engine off when not actively washing, or the water will overheat?

Also, what revs should I run the engine at for best performance? My last washer (Chinese) seemed to do best at high revs and the pressure valve turned to high, but to be honest with a nice new machine I'd like to do everything right, and look after it.. Should it be started on low pressure, and then increased?

I'm using it around the farm, so will be drawing water from rainwater tanks in the barn, these are only 4m above ground, but my last machine worked o.k that way- will this pump draw water also? My mains water pressure is only 1 bar too.

Sorry to come on here with so many questions, but the machine was part of a trade for a baler, and all the paperwork couldn't be found. Thanks in advance,Richard

Hello everyone, I'm new here, having just bought a Honda GP200 and Comet ADX 320 pump . There are  the usual instructions for the engine, but little else to tell me how to set the pump up. I noticed that unlike my previous machine there is no outflow nozzle to allow water to exit if the trigger is  off, and the engine idling. I presume you could screw one into the port labelled 'THERM' ? I'm thinking without one I would need to switch the engine off when not actively washing, or the water will overheat?

Also, what revs should I run the engine at for best performance? My last washer (Chinese) seemed to do best at high revs and the pressure valve turned to high, but to be honest with a nice new machine I'd like to do everything right, and look after it.. Should it be started on low pressure, and then increased?

I'm using it around the farm, so will be drawing water from rainwater tanks in the barn, these are only 4m above ground, but my last machine worked o.k that way- will this pump draw water also? My mains water pressure is only 1 bar too.

Sorry to come on here with so many questions, but the machine was part of a trade for a baler, and all the paperwork couldn't be found. Thanks in advance,Richard
Are you sure you have the pump model number correct?

Is it not the Comet AXD 3020 G

Apw1210 said:
Are you sure you have the pump model number correct?

Is it not the Comet AXD 3020 G
Your engine revs should be at full power if you intend to match the machines rated performance.

Do you clearly understand the core basics of small single cylinder engines?

Oops, yes, the 3020 . I presumed the answer would be full throttle, but wondered what the manufacturer states.

I've used, and serviced, small single cylinder engines on all my saws, cutters, mowers etc for forty years but I'm not sure what you mean by 'the core basics' 

So is it possible to fit a thermal valve on this pump, or is it just better to switch the engine off when not washing?

Thanks.

Oops, yes, the 3020 . I presumed the answer would be full throttle, but wondered what the manufacturer states.

I've used, and serviced, small single cylinder engines on all my saws, cutters, mowers etc for forty years but I'm not sure what you mean by 'the core basics' 

So is it possible to fit a thermal valve on this pump, or is it just better to switch the engine off when not washing?

Thanks.
It's only a basics affordable piston pump with an inlet and high pressure outlet unless you've specd one with a return to tank bypass

I'd switch if off when not using it on demand as you'll crack the pump or sheer the engine keyway

Thanks, I've printed a sticker to remind users to switch off when not on demand.

It might only be a basic piston pump but I'm glad it's powered by Honda and not Chinese! My Kiam washer lasted four years, and needed looking at frequently. I like the fact Comet publish videos to show maintenance and repair, and there's a wealth of stuff on Honda engines. Which leaves me shaking my head and wondering why I didn't just bite the bullet, pay the money, and buy a proper machine, even if it is only domestic/light commercial.

Thanks again, Richard

Thanks, I've printed a sticker to remind users to switch off when not on demand.

It might only be a basic piston pump but I'm glad it's powered by Honda and not Chinese! My Kiam washer lasted four years, and needed looking at frequently. I like the fact Comet publish videos to show maintenance and repair, and there's a wealth of stuff on Honda engines. Which leaves me shaking my head and wondering why I didn't just bite the bullet, pay the money, and buy a proper machine, even if it is only domestic/light commercial.

Thanks again, Richard
There is nothing at all wrong with Chinese engines.

With preventative maintenance regular service intervals and care they can last a lifetime.

With your new pressure washer be sure to drain the oil after 20/30 hours and refill with new.

Keep an eye on the pump aswell

Don't allow your operators to start it under pressure

Or it won't last 5 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with Chinese engines if you're lucky and get a good one. Their quality control is awful and the quality of all the fixings etc is dire, as are their plastics. Primer bulbs and fuel lines that get eaten by our fuels, for instance.Parts are always a problem too, I gave up looking for a carb kit, and had to buy a new carb. So I think there is an awful lot wrong with Chinese engines, maintenance or not. Seems the rest of the world agree too, or they wouldn't pay over double for a Honda.

I might not let others near this one, I've seen the lads struggling to pull when they haven't released the pressure. And there's not enough room for more warning labels!

There's nothing wrong with Chinese engines if you're lucky and get a good one. Their quality control is awful and the quality of all the fixings etc is dire, as are their plastics. Primer bulbs and fuel lines that get eaten by our fuels, for instance.Parts are always a problem too, I gave up looking for a carb kit, and had to buy a new carb. So I think there is an awful lot wrong with Chinese engines, maintenance or not. Seems the rest of the world agree too, or they wouldn't pay over double for a Honda.

I might not let others near this one, I've seen the lads struggling to pull when they haven't released the pressure. And there's not enough room for more warning labels!
Unfortunately in the instance of starting them common sense unfortunately isn't that common

Latest Posts

Back