Commercial pricing

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Thelandofaus, Apr 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Thelandofaus

Thelandofaus Member

Hi every 1! I am a young window cleaner with my own buissness and I'm looking to get some commercial work. I have plenty of domestic work and am looking to expand. I have done some research and think I have a good plan of attack to get some Commercial work. The problem is pricing! Very daunting for me. Don't want to price myself out no price to much. Any tips on an any standard model of commercial pricing out there? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

You have put this in the wrong place mate, this is for introducing yourself!.

Put your question in 'window cleaning chat', you should get some answers there. I cant help you myself, i dont do much commercial stuff, and no intention of changing that anytime soon.

3. Iain

Iain Guru

I don't think there's a standard pricing structure as it varies from site to site. Best thing to do would be to find out how much people are paying for their current cleaning company and see if you can beat it. Everyone wants to save money at the moment

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Moved to window cleaning chat, put a little intro up there pal and welcome to the forum.

5. Thelandofaus

Thelandofaus Member

Whoops! 1st time on these things

6. laddergarder

If you are charging say £1 per window for domestics, then charge the same for commercials. If its a large jobs, 4 hours plus, you could prob get away with knocking 10% off for them, as there will be less setup, travelling around, collecting etc as there is with domestics.

However with coms, I would recommend that you come up with some sort of document format for quotations i.e.

welcome letter
    written quotation
    risk assessement
    copy of insurance, licence(if in scotland)
    references

include information regarding:-
    contact methods
    payment methods
    outstanding payments policy etc etc

7. Thelandofaus

Thelandofaus Member

Thank you I'll be working on that in the coming weeks

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Ladder how do I go about getting a scotish licence?

9. Thelandofaus

Thelandofaus Member

Just apply to the relevant council for a street traders licence. Around £120 for 3 years in Edinburgh

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Mine would be for Dumfries and Galloway is it the same price throughout Scotland? That seems pretty decent price.

Advertisement