Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Window Cleaning Quotes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pane

Hi guys.

How d'you prepare & estimate Commercial Window Cleaning Quotes ?.

Im currently a one man operation using a 32ft wfp with Xline 45 litre trolley.

Along with 4 x 25 litre water butes using Pure Water.

Ive an idea,however,other experienced answers are helpful.

Appreciated.

Will.

Decide what you'd like for your hourly rate and then add a bit more on because it's commercial. Very simple ?

Decide what you'd like for your hourly rate and then add a bit more on because it's commercial. Very simple ?
Hey Wezza.

Thanks for your reply.When you say add abit more on..you mean 20% for obvious reasons.Some Window Cleaners have a Fantastic hourly rate in that case,they charge a wack of a rate.

Just your hourly rate, no need to add anything on because it’s commercial. They are no more or less hassle than houses. you still end up better off because you aren’t needing to travel and you usually become faster as you get more experience with the jobs.

Just your hourly rate, no need to add anything on because it’s commercial. They are no more or less hassle than houses. you still end up better off because you aren’t needing to travel and you usually become faster as you get more experience with the jobs.
Hey Hightower.You say no need to add anything on because its commercial.

In that case,i dont understand chap?.

If commercial Clients  pay by Bank Transfer,clearly its not the preferred Cash method.

If commercial Clients  pay by Bank Transfer,clearly its not the preferred Cash method.
Only if you're not declaring your earnings. Cash is more expensive to process then free Bank Transfers. If you want to charge extra then do so, I try to get at least £10 an hour more for commercial work to cover longer payment terms and risk of not getting paid at all. Not because I'll have to declare it.

Hey Hightower.You say no need to add anything on because its commercial.

In that case,i dont understand chap?.

Charge what your happy with , also you’ll find some commercial jobs you’ll have to wait like 28 days for payment,   

Just because its commercial doesn't mean you should add extra on,

what youll find is you’ll not be the only person who they have asked to quote, 

Hey part timer.Ive no issue with declaring earnings or bank transfers.Some clients prefer cash themselves.Finding out,do i add 20% on top of quote for Client ?.Why should i pay their Vat ?.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
We always charge more for commercial, how much depends on a number of things 

Frequency 

Time taken before payment we stipulate maximum of 28 days 

Height of building the more expensive the poles we use the price increases accordingly 

Access 

How long the job will take 

Do I want the job 

Theses are just a few of the things that will affect the price 

Hey pjj...As much as im keen to carry out Commercial work,another string to the bow.It also has alot of boundaries too..

Thanks Wind O Kleen.

Apart from other quotes,cant say i blame other cleaners from doing the same.

A 28 day window (xuse the pun ?),is abit much...really to wait.

Another reason why cash is still preferred.Then i can pay into Bank myself.Still pay tax on it ?.

Thanks Wind O Kleen.

Apart from other quotes,cant say i blame other cleaners from doing the same.

A 28 day window (xuse the pun ?),is abit much...really to wait.

Another reason why cash is still preferred.Then i can pay into Bank myself.Still pay tax on it ?.

28 days is standard recognised settlements of accounts for most commercial work , unless you are dealing with a shop , all our hotels , nursing homes ,care homes , and industrial jobs pay on theses terms , we never have had a problem with it in 20 years , in fact I don’t know of any company that will pay on the spot , unless it’s a privately owned shop , evan ones that pay by bacs  only pay on the 28 day system as that’s how there payment departments work 

Hey part timer.Ive no issue with declaring earnings or bank transfers.Some clients prefer cash themselves.Finding out,do i add 20% on top of quote for Client ?.Why should i pay their Vat ?.

Cheers.

If you're not vat registered you can't charge them Vat.

Other than shops, pubs and other small jobs you will find very few if any will pay in cash.

Cgh Window Cleaning.The vat is in the pipeline to process.Given ive only been running a few months,its on the agenda.

Thanks anyway.

Personally @Pane I would tend to focus on residential tbh. We found over time commercial jobs came along and then went. I've always believed that we are better off with small bites than one large one that could go pear shaped at any moment.

We have a couple of small commercial that pay out of the petty cash, a couple that pay by cheque within the month and a school which pays on BACS transfer after we harass them for payment.

If you do want to do commercial you need to find out exactly what their payment terms are. For example, we also have a leisure centre that pays on a cheque run at the end of the following month. They allow themselves 4 working days to process the invoice. If we do the job in the middle of the month we will only get paid between 50 and 60 days later depending on how long they conveniently take to put the cheques in the post.

If we did the job say on the 30th of January the invoice would only be processed in the first few days of February. Once that's done it will go onto the cheque run for the end of March. We might only receive that cheque by the 15th of April. Then we have to allow 4 days after depositing it (it could be quicker now) for the cheque to clear.

Their was a sales guy who lost his job in the motor trade when we had the financial crash in 2008. He started window cleaning and ended up doing a mixture of commercial and residential. He decided there was more money in commercial so focused on that and let his residential go. (I can't remember if he sold the business tbh.) He then went quiet on the other forum and the last we heard he had given it up as a bad job and gone back to working those long hours in the motor trade. If commerical was that good I doubt he would have gone back to selling cars.

Hi Spruce.

Thanks for the info commercial & residential.

I see & understand your viewpoint,cant say i disagree.

I think residential/domestic,theres call for all window cleaners to work as more properties being built with more coming.

Commercial can be very hit & miss.

Pubs,shops & various other establishments ive not looked at yet,can also be potential winners if compromising hits the right note.

My view is simple: Never Give Up??.

Back