Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Could Anyone Tell Me What I Have Here Please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heisenberg

Good Afternoon Chaps,

I run a small trading company that mainly deals in used tools, we go to auctions all over the UK and generally buy tools from Liqudation/Bankrupcy Auctions, as well as Police Auctions.

At a Police Auction this week I came across a piece of equipment that was listed as a 'Water Filter'. I had no idea what it was for but it looked like it was a well made and complicated bit of kit. I was surprised that there were no bids on the item (presumably since nobody there actually knew what it was) so I put a bid in and won the item.

I collected it today and did a quick Google search on a few of the various ID numbers I could see, and It looks like it is used for window cleaning.

I was hoping that one of you kind gents might be able to give me any further information on it if possible.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a639/westbeechtrading/WindowCleaner/IMG_1966_zps97ba9776.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a639/westbeechtrading/WindowCleaner/IMG_1967_zps9e6088e9.jpg

I hope one of you guys can offer any advice as to what I actually have here,

I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance - Nick

Thanks for the quick reply Jimbob,

That looks like the very same one!

I'd rather not disclose how much I paid for it though /emoticons/wink.png

Your link was a big help!

i'll do you a favour (nice guy i am) and offer you £50......

please, no need to thank me, just give me your details and we'll sort it :Image3:

Going to cost to repair at least £700 if the 3 x 4021 membranes have dried out. :Image16:

in all seriousness, i would split the membrane housings and sell separately....

you'll make more, and you'll have more demand (not many people will want three 4021 membranes)

if you know anyone in the game, get someone to check the tds, chances are the membranes will have dried out(they need to be kept wet to keep in good condition) so the buyer will need to buy new ones, and these aren't cheap.

they will also need to buy pre filters (unless they want to use 10'')

so i wouldnt go too much on the guide price you've been given, because the system had been left idle, i doubt its actually in working order for a window cleaner.

saying that, i know what these police auctions are like, so i would imagine you'll get more than you've paid so jobs a good 'un

With respect I think that guy being a dealer knows excactly what he has and is just pulling our chains methinks :Image16:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info above, it's all been very useful.

I probably wont be checking the forum again much, but FYI I genuinely did not know what this was before coming on here.

I mainly deal in industrial power tools/petrol tools so when this came up I had no idea what it was, it just looked in great shape, looked expensive and well made so I put a bid in.

I saw some of the chambers said 'such and such membrane' and I couldn't find any definite part number/brand/model no.

When I got it home I searched all the numbers I could find on the device and it pointed me to a different window cleaning website where I then also saw references to different membranes. I put two and two together and found this forum hoping that someone would see it and give me a definite "that is a and is used for XXXX" and maybe some helpful tips on how to test it.

The first reply was very helpful and gave me a lot more info and a better idea of what I had just bought.

That's the top and bottom of it, I appreciate all the help, and I had no other motives for posting here!

Thanks again guys /emoticons/smile.png

Hes put it on ebay. £2850. Buy now.

Wonder if he knows it only takes 15 mins to check if its working ?

I have no idea how to test it, I think it's better for someone who knows what they're doing to come and test it themselves rather than me test it incorrectly and state that it works if it actually doesn't.

/emoticons/smile.png

Back