Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Could Anyone Tell Me What I Have Here Please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Quite easy mate, theres a tds meter hanging from it, run some water through into a glass, rinse it with the water a couple of times then fill up again. Test the water with the tds meter and if it's 000 it works if its too high it doesn't and someone will tell you what numbers to look for.

And do I presume right you're a breaking bad fan?

Hi again guys,

Just a bit of an update, I had some time this afternoon so I thought I'd test it.

I followed Dodger's advice on how to use it, the TDS meter read the outside tap water at 329 and once I'd run it through the system it was reading 001.

Dodger said above if it reads 000 it works and if it's higher it doesn't.

My question is, is 001 an acceptable level for window cleaning? or is there anything I can do (or might have missed) to get it down to 000?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I might give that a try if you think it's worth it?

I'm not surprised about the 'before' reading though, we live about 1/4 mile away from a water treatment plant. Everyone here uses Britta water filters otherwise your tap water is white!

And yeah that's my eBay listing, I wanted to update it to say either it works or it doesn't, but at the moment I'm not sure if that 001 reading means that it doesn't?

Thanks for the help btw!

I must start going to police auctions myself as you probably paid 50 squid or less for that :Image13:

They are good at times, this is the first time I've seen anything like this at a Police auction though. I bought 2 industrial pressure washers and the IPC Eagle this time as there wasn't much in the way of tools.

Everything you buy though has 18% Buyers Premium, 20% VAT and VAT again on the Buyers Premium, so it's not as cheap as it seems at the time! I'm sure a lot of people bidding don't realise! I have that problem with the tools sometimes, the people that bid on used/broken/stolen tools end up paying more than the item sells for brand new after the fees are added on!

I really can't see the point of this product for the amount it costs.
Totally agree.

Thats why its not been sold.

At that price you could get a nice van with full set up

Indeed chaps as no one is going to be that stupid to pay nearly 3 grand for that unless they have more money than sense.

To me its just a very fast and productive supplier of pure water if time is an issue so I'd value it at £750.

Back