CSCS Cards

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Aug 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Who here holds one?

Reason I ask is have a project coming up where I will need a CSCS card but the bl@@dy government sites don't make it easy to understand exactly what we need to do to get one.

Any serious advice welcome.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

You can just sit the test and get a green 'labourers card'. But eventually after a year or two of being a 'labourer' you will need to complete an NVQ 2 in something to get your trade listed on the card. Not sure if there is a window cleaning one but there ll probably be something related like 'Cleaning Operative'.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Cscs cards are easy to get
    Company round here does it at kodaks car park at weekends in portakabin

You need to pay ..turn up..watch video and have a little training..job done.....it is common sense test for most people

I wouldn't worry about it Darren..just find somewhere doing it and book one

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

5. TolishAPurd

Yep, the test is a piece of p*ss to get the green operatives card. But eventually you have to get the proper card as you can't just be a labourer forever so they expect you to get an NVQ lvl 2 in something like this; http://www.pmtraining.org.uk/prospe...nvq-level-2-in-cleaning-and-support-services/

If youve been in the trade for a while its easy as they will just do on site assessment, so you don't need to do a course or anything. And if you are lucky the government will fund it. I've got 2 NVQs in different subjects funded over the years. :thumbsup:

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I personally stopped working on sites before cscs was needed but friends have done it for diamond drilli g etc and it is simples so far as I've been told

7. TolishAPurd

It is simple, but its still a fck about for the likes of us. You can only have a labourers card unless you are qualified in a trade. And this link shows the stuff you need to have for it;
    http://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/green-card-changes/card-typelabourer/

There used to be a time limit on how long you are allowed to have a card but can't find what it is.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

P i t a mate..
    I do however have a nebosh qualification for health and safety in the workplace from working at the olympics job
    Had to watch the vids of the kings cross fire and stadium fire..gruesome stuff

Back when i was on sites it was common sense not certificates

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yeah gotta do a fecking CITB health and safety exam first!

Load of b@llocks for cleaning glass.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Health and safety has gone mad mate
    Should be like france where if you hurt yourself you shouldn't have been stupid enough to be doing what you did
    No sueing culture there
    We are getting like america with the coffe cups with "caution contents may be hot"..no :turd: sherlock

Advertisement