Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI stuck at 14ppm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can confirm it was the resin vessel that was faulty, thanks for all the info everyone gave it came in handy to get to the root of the problem.
I have the same issue, water coming into the DI vessel is 11 tds, and coming out of the DI vessel is 12. I put silicone around the tube coming into the head of the vessel, even around that sieve attached on the top. Nothing changed.
The resin is new, however, I suspect the resin issue? Before I went to change the resin, TDS from the tank was 6. After this change, I can't get rid of the 12 with the new resin, new carbon, and sediment. I flushed the system three times completely...
Any advice for this? thank you very much!

I have the same issue, water coming into the DI vessel is 11 tds, and coming out of the DI vessel is 12. I put silicone around the tube coming into the head of the vessel, even around that sieve attached on the top. Nothing changed.
The resin is new, however, I suspect the resin issue? Before I went to change the resin, TDS from the tank was 6. After this change, I can't get rid of the 12 with the new resin, new carbon, and sediment. I flushed the system three times completely...
Any advice for this? thank you very much!
If ppm is higher than going in sounds like it is not mixed bed resin. Did you buy a full bag if so what is the product code

I removed the head, put the silicone - load of it - around the tube, sealed properly - TDS 12
Removed the head, put the gun glue - hard as a stone - TDS 12
Removed, put the PTFE tape around - hard as a stone - TDS 12
I just .. my very limited knowledge gives me a hint, that the mechanical fault could be solved by just simple sealing. I am not willing to throw money down the drain for the vessel if that is not an issue ?
Your riser may not be seated in the DI Head. Check to see if it is properly

Fill a plastic cup with resin, put a small pin ***** in the bottom. Pour in your water then wait until it starts dripping slowly out of the hole and measure the ppm. If it reads 000 ppm you know it’s not the resin.

Fill a plastic cup with resin, put a small pin ***** in the bottom. Pour in your water then wait until it starts dripping slowly out of the hole and measure the ppm. If it reads 000 ppm you know it’s not the resin.
Thank you very much! I did it.. it went from 250 tap water to 300!? Is it resin then?

Something isn’t right you cannot increase the TDS higher than what’s coming out if the tap by putting it through spent resin
Do you suggest a resin issue? I flushed the tank with Milton. I have automatic flush of the system - done with 900 liters ? (usually do 100 per week) Sealed the carbon and sediment filters with extra rubber seals. I have sealed riser with ptfe, silicone and glue gun.. still the same .. 12. I bought a new tds meter as the first step to solve the issue. Both showing 12 ??

Do you suggest a resin issue? I flushed the tank with Milton. I have automatic flush of the system - done with 900 liters ? (usually do 100 per week) Sealed the carbon and sediment filters with extra rubber seals. I have sealed riser with ptfe, silicone and glue gun.. still the same .. 12. I bought a new tds meter as the first step to solve the issue. Both showing 12 ??
You haven’t put anything through the filters apart from water have you ? , @doug atkinson is the best one to advice , I don’t understand in your other post how it increased from 250-300 just putting it through resin , Evan if the resin is no good you should still only have a reading of 250 , i assume you aren’t putting tap water in your tank then putting it through resin after the tank are you ? If this is the case and you have residual Miltons in the tank this could be causing the problems ,

20220723_155919.jpg
Inserted in tap water
20220723_155820.jpg
In filtered water just by resin by drops from the bottom.
From osmosis however coming out 11 and di vessel coming out 12.

Something isn’t right you cannot increase the TDS higher than what’s coming out if the tap by putting it through spent resin
I couple of years ago, I didn't change my resin straight away. I usually change it when the water out of DI goes to 1ppm. After a couple of weeks the ppm going into the DI vessel was 3 but 5 after DI. It's as though the spent resin was releasing dissolved solids back into the pure water stream to my IBC tank. I have used Tulsion MB115 for at least the last 12 years, firstly from Gardiners and then more recently Daqua.

Have you a picture of the bag label as it sounds like softening resin
OH GOD! You are completely right! I was checking the bags. From Ionic they look like the same! I mistakenly ordered softening, opened it and filled the vessel twice. Its even in the invoice. I thought its mixed all the time, that's why you asked the product code before .. Apologising for my ignorance!
Great thanks to all! I really appreciate your help guys!

OH GOD! You are completely right! I was checking the bags. From Ionic they look like the same! I mistakenly ordered softening, opened it and filled the vessel twice. Its even in the invoice. I thought its mixed all the time, that's why you asked the product code before .. Apologising for my ignorance!
Great thanks to all! I really appreciate your help guys!
Lol at least you will know for next time , an easy mistake to make !,,??

Back