Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did you always love it [cleaning windows]

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Many moons ago I use to see a sign written builders van going about their slogan was " you've tried the cowboys now try the Indians - Patel & Sons " :laugh:

I had an indian woman who followed you round from inside pointing at water marks on the glass that I hadn't wiped with micro yet

Then never wanted to pay up

Well they pretty much put 3 of us out of business, we all quit in the end, it just wasn't worth it, not sure why they felt the need to start traveling 30 miles from big city's to our little town though.

It is good to read the comment son this thread. I have just about done all my planning and designing of flyers ete etc and am read to go, but £££ are holding me up, but this week I should be able to get it rolling and become a window cleaner. It has been one issue after another. Firstly, family and soem friends, why do you want to do that, "**** job, no money" some family really putting pressure on me to stay in my nice little office job, that for 7 years has nearly killed me as I hate every day of it and its made me depressed. The the money to start this after I left work, its held me back, but I am there now and later in the week I will be kicking it off thank god/at last.

It is great to see you all love window cleaning and posts like these inspire me more. I compare it to my old office job and wow, what a better way to earn a living window cleaning is, out in the open, working for yourslf and just freedom, as oposed to the office work, it was hell and the pay fixed amount each month and **** too. I can earn more if all goes well in windows and be happy. I hate people whom try talk me out of it I have had it so much last few weeks, but sod em, what a good job it is and pays better if goes to plan than my office job.

I always looked at window cleaners and though good job, nice and free and self employed. I just pray to god that in the next few weeks I can come back on here and say I am doing it and its building, I have a fair few to thank on here and I hope I am doing it and coming on here in the future giving advice to new starters as you lot have with me.

I would like to see a thread started about your window cleaning funniet moments, or disasters, that would be a good thread, if not done already? Its a good community also window cleaning, well this forum is too, I think I will love window cleaning, I will be gutted if I dont get customers, dont no what I will do.

/emoticons/smile.png

Most people don't seem to like others going on their own so to speak, many, many are indoctrinated into the leave school/college/uni get a job work 40 hours a week, take a week holiday to Weston super Mare once a year, retire at 65 and wait to die.

Anyone that goes outside that zone is seen as not doing it right /emoticons/smile.png

Most people don't seem to like others going on their own so to speak, many, many are indoctrinated into the leave school/college/uni get a job work 40 hours a week, take a week holiday to Weston super Mare once a year, retire at 65 and wait to die.
Anyone that goes outside that zone is seen as not doing it right /emoticons/smile.png
That is so spot on mate. This is all I have bene getting, dispite me saying I have lived in hell for years doing office work. well said:)

I have always lived by the same ideal, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else, do what makes you happy.

Guess I am lucky as I have never played by the rules and got off the conveyer belt at a young age, so no one expects me to "do it right" lol

That is so spot on mate. This is all I have bene getting, dispite me saying I have lived in hell for years doing office work. well said:)
So get out there and prove em wrong mate..

"They don't like it up em mr manwairing"

Diwrnach I have always played by the rules

But they are the rules I wrote:giggle:

I have always been seen as an oddball as I do what I want and have never had that thing about caring what others think of it

and of course...dont forget the mood...some days just dont work and some like for me today do...i reached daveyboy1 speed for a while...steam coming off my squeegee.....and today ...was good to be alive...but...from last thursday til now i have been struggling ..something was attacking me some nasty dirty low lying creepy little bug...but....i better now...so ...let the good times roll....until...the weather arrives next week....hmmmm some moaning on here then..:rolleyes:

anyway scottie....its no use being unhappy you only live once...so go for it....be free...like me....:balloondance:and if i want to balloon dance ...i bloody well will....

It is good to read the comment son this thread. I have just about done all my planning and designing of flyers ete etc and am read to go, but £££ are holding me up, but this week I should be able to get it rolling and become a window cleaner. It has been one issue after another. Firstly, family and soem friends, why do you want to do that, "**** job, no money" some family really putting pressure on me to stay in my nice little office job, that for 7 years has nearly killed me as I hate every day of it and its made me depressed. The the money to start this after I left work, its held me back, but I am there now and later in the week I will be kicking it off thank god/at last.
It is great to see you all love window cleaning and posts like these inspire me more. I compare it to my old office job and wow, what a better way to earn a living window cleaning is, out in the open, working for yourslf and just freedom, as oposed to the office work, it was hell and the pay fixed amount each month and **** too. I can earn more if all goes well in windows and be happy. I hate people whom try talk me out of it I have had it so much last few weeks, but sod em, what a good job it is and pays better if goes to plan than my office job.

I always looked at window cleaners and though good job, nice and free and self employed. I just pray to god that in the next few weeks I can come back on here and say I am doing it and its building, I have a fair few to thank on here and I hope I am doing it and coming on here in the future giving advice to new starters as you lot have with me.

I would like to see a thread started about your window cleaning funniet moments, or disasters, that would be a good thread, if not done already? Its a good community also window cleaning, well this forum is too, I think I will love window cleaning, I will be gutted if I dont get customers, dont no what I will do.

/emoticons/smile.png
hi scottie read your thread above ok its a big step

its the same as I did had well paid job but the stress and the way folk speak to me then, well no way was it going to go on.

being head strong phoned office in morning that was it never went back pension 15 years already in

but I new the windows was the way I was going ( never cleaned a window in my puff ) brother inlaw was on the windows so I

new the crack. I worked every hour I could and totally believed it was going to be ok.

Scottie dont say if you get the work, you will if you put the graft in it will be ok. gd luck go for it mate

I agree duncs..also I wouldn't be waitimg for flyers etc before starting. .I would be out there knockimg on doors and cleaning them as soon as I get a yes...then you have the money for the other stuff

R.e. the indians conversation

They don't like it up em: [media]

[/media]

hi scottie read your thread above ok its a big stepits the same as I did had well paid job but the stress and the way folk speak to me then, well no way was it going to go on.

being head strong phoned office in morning that was it never went back pension 15 years already in

but I new the windows was the way I was going ( never cleaned a window in my puff ) brother inlaw was on the windows so I

new the crack. I worked every hour I could and totally believed it was going to be ok.

Scottie dont say if you get the work, you will if you put the graft in it will be ok. gd luck go for it mate
Hi Duncs, That has given me inspiration, like you I was spoken to like a complete ****, it wore me down, had to play in line as needed my job and got so low, I now have left. Like to see those people again one day, wont be so pleasent this time. Saying that I have learnt never to work within an office again, awful places and I am going to go at this like its my life, it seems to me a great job. Deffo going to go for it, its people like smurf, cheap and cheerful, boarcity, DAVEYBOY1 he has given me loads of tips, and yourself, that have kept me going and focus on this job. It was just over a year ago I nearly lost my life and after recovery I thought about why am I living in hell, I had to deal with PTSD and depression from work too, so to find a site so pleasent as this is just great for me, some people will think its soft but, to me its a life changing year and thanks to the post you made makes me really want to go for it. Cheerd dude!

Sacked the web site for now and using business facebook and as davey boy1 said get out there door knocking whilst the flyers are on order.

One thing made me laugh this week is the window cleaner at mine, he is going soon lol, he does our windows and has no solution in it, just water and he actually made three windows worse than they were before, honest, so if he has a full round which he said he has, I am sure I can. /emoticons/tongue.png

I'll get in on the action here fellas. I do like the window cleaning side of this wee self employment jewel but I dislike the add-on work, particularly the gutter vac cleaning! It's sore on the joints and can often catch you out on how big of a job it is sometimes! I've been saying for sometime now that when my gutter vac packs in I will not be renewing it! The beggar thing is still going strong! I want to concentrate at least 95% of my time on the relaxation of window cleaning only.

JD feeling the same just started solar panel cleaning thinking it would be easy cash

bought the pole but its not as easy as I thought { pole not as stiff as I thought it would be ) so just picking the easy work

just started last week already done three panel jobs

Back