Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did you always love it [cleaning windows]

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duncs have a word with our awcs ! Tell him to stick to window cleaning only, its for his health and well being!

Smurf is the king of gutter cleaning , even he knows it's got its downsides!

Tell him smurf!

All I will say is there is bloody good money in full exterior property cleaning services if priced right. After saying that can be hard graft for sure @J D. That's why most of my customers already have regular window cleaners but they just want the easy life and concentrate on one thing alone whereas I like a challenge.

I want to concentrate at least 95% of my time on the relaxation of window cleaning only.
Funny what us odd folk consider as relaxing

Totally agree mate..even in the rain I am happy out on my ladders

Gotta say I love the magic sponges..tried em on some frames today..were green and manky..now white and shiny..another happy custy and bit of wedge in my pocket

I don't call any kind of work relaxing but that must be just me. However I do get a big buzz when customers see the finished results of my work.

Funny what us odd folk consider as relaxingTotally agree mate..even in the rain I am happy out on my ladders

Gotta say I love the magic sponges..tried em on some frames today..were green and manky..now white and shiny..another happy custy and bit of wedge in my pocket

I don't call any kind of work relaxing but that must be just me. However I do get a big buzz when customers see the finished results of my work.
It is a nice feeling to see a satisfied customer

Best reactions I get are from the pressure washing jobs as block paving cleaning makes a hell of a mess /emoticons/biggrin.png

To be honest i did not want to start gutter cleaning but i am getting asked by that many people to do it i thought sod it give it a go, if it goes pear shaped i will still have my gopro to play about with :love:

I do a lot of gutters but use a ladder and my phone to show custy how bad it is

Yes you will need ladders on some job aswell bud. Also safety devices like an ankalad & mirolite standoff to go on them too if you want to make the job easier & safer to do.

What about the guttering you can't get to by ladder to take pics let alone do the job by hand.

I do a lot of gutters but use a ladder and my phone to show custy how bad it is

In all my years on the job I had never heard of an ankalad until I met smurfy on here

Now I don't know how I ever risked it without one

Wise old @J D told me about the ankalad so best thank him. The microlite stand off was my idea though /emoticons/biggrin.png

In all my years on the job I had never heard of an ankalad until I met smurfy on hereNow I don't know how I ever risked it without one

What about the guttering you can't get to by ladder to take pics let alone do the job by hand.
Tbh there aren't many as I tend to do standard terraced houses round here but it does restrict what jobs I can agree to and what I have to turn down

I am predominantly a windie though so I don't have all the gear yet to do em all

It's still a learning curve for me as I always seem to get the awkward ones to do./emoticons/wink.png

i find putting gutters back together that have slid apart to be quite a decent earner.

They call that gutter creep in the trade... I normally put them back together for free when I'm clearing their gutters.

Back