Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diesel on Tarmac Driveway removal?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Herm

Anyone had experience of trying to get diesel off tarmac? there's been an diesel leak on a van for a company that I know and they want to know if I can try and sort it? I'm not sure if it's even possible? Maybe try and clean then use some black sealant over it afterwards? I'm sort of at a loss, so any advice would be much welcome.

Diesel dissolves tarmac as it’s an oil based substrate I don't think you will be able to clean it , we have had a number of RTC ware there have been diesel spills on the road and it’s had to be dug up and replaced , same as after a bad car fire

thank you. I did think this would be the case. a majority of the diesel spill was on their loose gravel it's just a small portion towards the end of the drive. I'll just scoop up the effected loose gravel and replace with new and tell the company there isn't much I can do with the tarmac.

Back