Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do newbies really want to learn?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Or else what? Or else you will not have the non certified un-approved Green Window Cleaning Support that you didn't have to start with! /emoticons/tongue.png

Ahh no orange juice in the house so subistuted it with the Glenlivet 12 year old.

Warning kids! don't drink and visit forums! :whistle::rofl:

But as a wise man once said ask and you shall receive, now be warned, this has been a closely guarded secret by me for 8 years and using it could seriously improve your income and you attractiveness to the opposite sex (That previous statement excludes Smurf, you might still have a chance with the Blue People of Montana however /emoticons/tongue.png)

Last time I printed 10'000 of these at a cost of £150 - 10'000 may sound like a lot but if you consider an average street around here is 100 houses, you can leaflet 5 streets a day EASY - by day 20 that's directly hit 10'000 targeted customers.

Do not be stingy, hit EVERY HOME, and ask for top dollar in your area too, you will get it. If their windows look clean, give em a leaflet, I have heard many times, oh great I just god rid of the last asshole!

If the sign on the door says no leaflets, put it in anyway, out of 10'000 I had one guy ream me out for it. I get loads from houses saying no leaflets cause no one else drops in those houses.

I havn't carded in six months and I am still getting calls from people that have held onto my card.

You are welcome to copy this but MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the phone number, I aint going to dumfries to clean windows.

This is similar to Dirwachs leaflet but the key difference here is you will have interaction with the client prior to cleaning their windows. With Dirwachs card they put it up on the day and Im guessing you just clean them anyhow weather they are home or not.

The only way this fails is if you are a total tool when you go see the customer. -- Also remember that that the price you put on the card is assuming the front and back of the property are the same - if you learn of a conservatory when you talk to them CHARGE MORE!

My dad was a whisky connoisseur

When he died we found some bottles older than me and i was 25

My brother bought me a Glenfiddich 21 year old for my 21st! That was just over 21 years ago. It is now a 42 year old unopened Scotch that I am saving for my 65th in 23 years time!

Now that's a bottle that's worth waiting for! /emoticons/smile.png

Not to mention I get to collect the fiver I bet him I would keep it till then LMAO

Some ppl don't want much do they. Mind you I was offered the knowledge of a certain chap for 30,000 plus vat ...:laugh:
I was always told you cant put a price on knowledge looks like solar steve has managed to do that aswell, what a guy.

When i started i went out for a full day with a local company starting at 6am. It was more about me tagging along watching the pros at work so to speak, helping out with getting bits from the vans etc and throughout the day they answered a few questions i had as we went along. Later on in the day when things slowed down and were on the last few jobs they then let me have a go on a couple of the last jobs and gave me some tips etc.

That for me was enough just to get an idea of the ins and outs and see exactly what they do. One thing they were very clear on was that it was not training and the would not teach me but were happy for me to come along to see how its done and offer some tips and advice. I was not allowed to know how much they charged so i had to hang in the van when they collected after the clean lol.

I inherited my round from a work colleague that wanted to retire. I practised on my own house and went out with him where I met all the customers and we cleaned the round together over a couple of weeks. I think I took to window cleaning pretty well and although not the quickest (still not too fast 18 months later) I think I did a pretty good job from the off, I think my previous experience of being a carpenter served me well in just being practically minded.

I made a mistake in thinking it was an easy job that anyone could do and took a young acquaintance out cleaning with me once, I showed him how I wanted the windows cleaned but things didn't go well that day, his work was substandard, he didn't seem to give a toss and he lost me a big customer...all my own fault...I never work with anyone else now even though another work colleague I took out with me a few times did a good job from day one, his attitude was great and coincidently he was also an ex-Carpenter...seems some people are naturally good at achieving practical tasks and others are hopeless.

Last edited by a moderator:
So chippies make good windies then

I think you have to be practically minded

The same as i have done office jobs but the pressure gets to me

Some people are born to do admin and office work

Horses for courses..you just have to find what you were meant to do

Could be onto something, I am an electrician, also self taught motorbike mechanic and built motorbikes etc from scratch before.

Always been pretty handy, though I have worked in an office before as well, and also doing electronics, panel wiring etc in a more or less office environment.

I am a half qualified panel beater as the garage i did my apprentiship at went into liquidation and a roofer (no qualifications except growing up on the job which imo is more knowledge than a 2 year apprenticeship )

But as a wise man once said ask and you shall receive, now be warned, this has been a closely guarded secret by me for 8 years and using it could seriously improve your income and you attractiveness to the opposite sex (That previous statement excludes Smurf, you might still have a chance with the Blue People of Montana however /emoticons/tongue.png)
Last time I printed 10'000 of these at a cost of £150 - 10'000 may sound like a lot but if you consider an average street around here is 100 houses, you can leaflet 5 streets a day EASY - by day 20 that's directly hit 10'000 targeted customers.

Do not be stingy, hit EVERY HOME, and ask for top dollar in your area too, you will get it. If their windows look clean, give em a leaflet, I have heard many times, oh great I just god rid of the last asshole!

If the sign on the door says no leaflets, put it in anyway, out of 10'000 I had one guy ream me out for it. I get loads from houses saying no leaflets cause no one else drops in those houses.

I havn't carded in six months and I am still getting calls from people that have held onto my card.

You are welcome to copy this but MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the phone number, I aint going to dumfries to clean windows.

This is similar to Dirwachs leaflet but the key difference here is you will have interaction with the client prior to cleaning their windows. With Dirwachs card they put it up on the day and Im guessing you just clean them anyhow weather they are home or not.

The only way this fails is if you are a total tool when you go see the customer. -- Also remember that that the price you put on the card is assuming the front and back of the property are the same - if you learn of a conservatory when you talk to them CHARGE MORE!

Hi Pro Clean, would you mind posting those images again. The links are broken. I would really appreciate it /emoticons/smile.png

Back