Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pure water systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

I'm living on the first floor flate so I can't really have a RO system installed in the flate, you will need a tap, a drain and it can take 8 hours right? 0_0 are there any other alternatives? If I can't make pure water then I guess I will have to buy pure water.

maybe there's something I can install inside the van?

I also live in a first floor flat and so have a triple di vessel set up installed in the van. I then drop a length of hose attached to my shower outlet of my mixer taps in bathroom out of window and connect to a hose reel which I then attach to the di vessels in van. Then takes about 20mins to produce 350 litres of pure. Works great for me.

I live in a flat. If tou can put all you filtration into the vehicle and have a longer 3m ish drain hose just going into the drain. Then hang a hosepipe down from say the kitchen...

thanks so much guys, good to know im not the only one living on the first floor! If you can make pure water in your van then what is the point of having RO systems then? how long does it normally take to make pure water from your van?

thanks so much guys, good to know im not the only one living on the first floor! If you can make pure water in your van then what is the point of having RO systems then? how long does it normally take to make pure water from your van?
There are only 2 ways to purify water, r/o and resin or di and resin.

Cleaners in soft water areas can use di only, the rest of us have to use r/o as that's the most economical way. Even in hard water areas you can use di only, but resin will cost you a fortune.

If you have to use r/o then it can either be at home 'attached' to a storage tank or in the van as a complete system. Different r/o's produce water at different rates so it depends on the r/o you have in the van.

@OorHuddie has just posted on how long it takes him to fill a 350 liter tank di only.

If you live in a soft water area then you could fill your tank with tap water and pump the water through a di vessel with resin before it goes to the brush, but you need to always keep a check on the quality of your water.

From your last post it appears that you still need to understand the basics of water purification and how you can adapt that understanding to your circumstances.

Here is an example of an r/o system attached to a storage tank at home.

1000 LITRE REVERSE OSMOSIS / DEIONISATION SYSTEM RO DI

Here is an example of complete van mounted system

650L FULLY FITTED WATER FED POLE WINDOW CLEANING SYSTEM

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I purify my water in my kitchen. I have got an RO plugged into a y connector with my washing machine, the waste goes straight into the plughole and the pure has a yconnector With feeds into 2 barrels, takes about an hour to fill both up. Its not very often o use any more than 3 barrels a day.

I also live in a first floor flat and so have a triple di vessel set up installed in the van. I then drop a length of hose attached to my shower outlet of my mixer taps in bathroom out of window and connect to a hose reel which I then attach to the di vessels in van. Then takes about 20mins to produce 350 litres of pure. Works great for me.
a triple DI vessel sounds great but it would be expensive to run would it?

Cleaners in soft water areas can use di only, the rest of us have to use r/o as that's the most economical way. Even in hard water areas you can use di only, but resin will cost you a fortune.
I'm based in East London so water will be hard, I think using a RO system will much better but I need to find a way to solve the facility problem.

If you have to use r/o then it can either be at home 'attached' to a storage tank or in the van as a complete system. Different r/o's produce water at different rates so it depends on the r/o you have in the van.
I'm actually thinking renting a space in someone's back garden and put a water tank there, this means I will need a water supply and access to it whenever I want. Won't be easy to do that.

From your last post it appears that you still need to understand the basics of water purification and how you can adapt that understanding to your circumstances.
I will phone up few supplier and see what my options are, but it seems i will need the right facilities if I want to keep the cost down the lowest

I use RO only but my TDS reads 35-45 from the tap, so while possible my circumstances are probably out of the norm.
you dont need RO you could go DI only saving loads of water

since your TDS is so low

fill tank in van water goes through DI hayho pure water

you dont need RO you could go DI only saving loads of watersince your TDS is so low

fill tank in van water goes through DI hayho pure water
But @Duncs , if @Nudel isn't on a water meter, its cheaper to use an r/o.

If he uses 4500 liters of water a month, processing that with resin will cost him £30 a month.

An r/o should theoretically take his pure down to just under 1ppm, so he wouldn't use resin. Membranes should last a long time, so his only real consumable costs would be carbon filter and sediment filter. Those are much easier to change than resin in a di vessel.

Whats your tds reading after r/o please @Nudel?

But @Duncs , if @Nudel isn't on a water meter, its cheaper to use an r/o.
If he uses 4500 liters of water a month, processing that with resin will cost him £30 a month.

An r/o should theoretically take his pure down to just under 1ppm, so he wouldn't use resin. Membranes should last a long time, so his only real consumable costs would be carbon filter and sediment filter. Those are much easier to change than resin in a di vessel.

Whats your tds reading after r/o please @Nudel?
Exactly, there is no meter where I live, and the water pressure is great (close to 100psi) so I don't need a booster pump.

TDS readings are 000ppm after RO.

Other cleaners up here use DI only, and it works fine or course. Though shipping is killer up here, so resin gets expensive.

Latest Posts

Back