Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you have a car? If so, why?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Those are nice motors. And can be spec’d pretty inconspicuous as well. What about a T-Roc R? Not too big, it’s a VW so not flash, but you also have 300bhp when you need it ?

Careful with pickups. I have family with them and they’re also needing repairs. They look great man don’t seem the most reliable, but then that’s just my experience.
I'd say that's probably only true with newer trucks. Older generations are brilliant.
I find my pickup to be more reliable than the van I had previously (And also more so than any car I've had as a matter of fact).
But that's what they were built for, to be reliable workhorses.
But saying that, i'd only recommend if you're young and fit ?

Good: -if you got kids and dogs.
-if working in countryside a lot.
-cheaper than running both car and van.

Bad: -Getting in and out the back can be a chore.
-ride isn't great when you're unloaded.
-only enough space for 'very basic' 1 man setup.

My son bought a 19 plate, Jan 2022, thinking it was £120ish road tax with the emissions. Went to tax it and had to pay £400 as it cost over £40k new and you have to pay the higher rate for the 1st 5 years or so :ROFLMAO:
Yes many get caught like that . The road tax after the first 5 years is in big print and the higher figure for the first 5 years is in small print at the bottom of the vehicle details , I got had exactly the same .

Have a Nissan Qashquai. Pick a new one up every 3 years. Absolutely been bulletproof. Treated ourselves to a BMW 3 series sport when our mortgage ended but just didn’t like how low it was ??.
I’m forwards and backwards to Cornwall visiting family and often take my sons who are both over 6ft so having the car is handy.
Up to recently had a motorbike as well, but sold it after my mate was killed on his in Dartford tunnel.
Started to miss it now. Once a biker always a biker ?
I didn't have you down as a Nissan type of person in all honesty, just goes to show one shouldn't make assumptions, even at 5ft tall my wife and I have always found a lot of cars low down so we have always opted for something with more ground clearance so we ain't sitting on the floor.

Sorry to hear about your mate, understandable that you sold it given what happened.

Have a Nissan Qashquai. Pick a new one up every 3 years. Absolutely been bulletproof. Treated ourselves to a BMW 3 series sport when our mortgage ended but just didn’t like how low it was ??.
I’m forwards and backwards to Cornwall visiting family and often take my sons who are both over 6ft so having the car is handy.
Up to recently had a motorbike as well, but sold it after my mate was killed on his in Dartford tunnel.
Started to miss it now. Once a biker always a biker ?

I've always fancied a bike but never went and done it, there not safe on the road with how people drive. It's bad enough driving in a car when someone pulls out unexpectedly. I'd imagine you'd need a change of pants if you were on a bike.

They have went past me in traffic aswell when I didn't even realise it was behind me, we have all reached for something when driving and the car ends up pulling in a direction as we aren't paying attention. That's all it would need while the bike was passing to clip it not realising its there.

I've always fancied a bike but never went and done it, there not safe on the road with how people drive. It's bad enough driving in a car when someone pulls out unexpectedly. I'd imagine you'd need a change of pants if you were on a bike.

They have went past me in traffic aswell when I didn't even realise it was behind me, we have all reached for something when driving and the car ends up pulling in a direction as we aren't paying attention. That's all it would need while the bike was passing to clip it not realising its there.
Bikes are so much more fun though

My mate bought a Kawasaki zrx1100 cheap off the widow of the guy who died putting it in the woods off a country lane
We went to a bike meet with a bunch of us with me as his passenger doing about 120 down the a1m
I don’t get the fear on a bike but that is not a good thing

Same here. Have always found motorbikes appealing but never seriously considered buying one. A friend of mine had has leg amputated just below the knee after a nasty crash. He doesn’t even remember what happened.

I ride XC bikes and am very rarely on the road, but whenever I am I’m always blown away at the lack of awareness of the drivers around me. Had plenty of cars pull out in front of me as I’m flying down a hill at 30+ mph. Been lucky so far!

Had bikes when younger all sorts haven’t been on one for over 30 years now one friend got killed on his and another ended up in a wheelchair so made me think a bit about life both accidents not their fault

Latest Posts

Back