Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you have hobbies ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You can shoot on common land if a certain distance away from roads and buildings etc

I can't remember the distances..i always say if i can't possibly hit the road from where i am it is far enough

You must make sure with an air rifle it is unmodified so within the legal limits or you can be prosecuted the same as having an unlicensed shotgun which most people don't realise

Not a lot of common land about these days is there, but didn't know you could shoot on it. I'll see if I can find some locally.

So you literally buy a spider on the internet and they post it to you?
That's impressive /emoticons/smile.png
yes,it is impressive ! [spiders all wrapped up]

Guns are wrong so lets go fight our enemies in Afghanistan with catapults and harsh language.They have their place as does anything else.

Some of us were taught to use weapons in defence of our country and were willing to give our lives for this country if it came to it.

You cannot now say those same people are not responsible enough to handle a firearm now they are not in the forces.

I have fired literally thousands and thousands of rounds through a gpmg (general purpose machine gun) whilst training with one so i reckon i know how to be responsible
back in my teens a mates brother had a Luger that he used to fire at goods trains as they passed thru the village.

I did have plenty of hobbies a couple of years ago but since getting into being self employed theyve all gone by the wayside i seem to spend most of my time thinking about cleaning windows or associated tasks.

Fishing, cycling, shooting, recording music, martail arts have all fallen by the wayside, hopefully as i become more established it will settle down and i will get more spare time

shooting by urbanites is where the problem starts .it easily escalates if you have no good reason to own one

i can say that as when in my late teens i had an airrifle and was the classic dangerous nuisance,firing at passersby and family members out of boredom. fate stepped in tho as the trigger mount broke one day and this meant the rifle fired if you so much as looked at it- so luckily that was the end of it

Air rifles are dangerous in the wrong hands, like you boar i had a similar youth, my mate shot his brother in the face with a bb gun and missed his eye by a few mm, another lad thought it was funny to take pot shots at us as we ran for cover, someone got shot in the **** i think. Mind you we used to get fireworks and make rocket launchers out of drain pipes and fire them at each other, proper little ba**ards when we were kids.

I shoot air rifles to this day, but its target shooting and range based competition. Still nice to take a cheeky pot shot at a bird in the back garden.

Please don't tell me your one of them 30mph drivers that take to the coast on a Sunday for a cone of chips and ice cream, nothing worse getting stuck behind Sunday drivers lol
No chance...I should really invest in a roll cage.

I used to love shooting but Mrs won't allow me to get an air rifle due to the kids. used to shoot competitively with the army shooting at Bisley and a few abroad. now my hobbies are whatever the kids wanna do and reading

Just thought of another hobby........

Ditching sh!t customers and telling them honestly why I'm no longer prepared to clean their windows regardless of how much the clean is worth.

Getting quite good at it this week and it's turning out to be fun /emoticons/smile.png

I've been a workaholic for the past 5 years or so, and made a resolution to enjoy myself a bit more and get fit again. So this year i took up judo, and got my lad into it too. But thats only 1 night a week, so I also took up brazilian jiu jitsu to compliment it. Absolutely hooked on the jujitsu. So I'm training about 5 nights a week, everything hurts but I love it.This is jiujitsu in action..

[media]

Nice. Keep saying I'm gonna take this up to compliment my wing chun training, but just never get round to going!!

Wing Chun is my passion. Kamon Wing Chun, which is Wing Chun with bits of boxing, Clinch work, BJJ etc...They welcome to use what you already know and incorporate it. I'd like to do more BJJ separately, as we only touch upon it every so often. Martial arts is a fantastic way to spend your free time. Something wholesome at least. As long as your heart is in the right place with it. (y)

Nice. Keep saying I'm gonna take this up to compliment my wing chun training, but just never get round to going!!
Strange coincidence that you posted this today as the club I'm training with had a visit from a wing chin club. They rolled with us, and then went on to do a wing chun lesson after and me and another stayed and watched for a bit.

Back