Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi Forum! @honestcleaning Here!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Honestcleaning

Been talking to fa few of your guys on here but thought id introduce myself here.

My names Rob, run the Honest Cleaning Co based in Sheffield. Been cleaning now for over 4 yrs doing mostly Domectic at first (cleaning peoples houses) then got into Commercial cleaning of all sorts of things then Window Cleaning.

My background people found strange most of the time as they usually meet me cleaning... I went to uni, got a degree in Business and Marketing and then got a job with a big blue chip co and worked my way up to middle management pretty quick. All going well but never liked working for other people and wanted to do my own thing....

Got made redundant after 6yrs so set up cleaning after a chance encounter with a bad cleaner. Thought to myself.... we're paying them a fortune and they dont do anything!! so i set a company up to do things better. Sounds cliche but thats how it is.

Always say, we win work because we do it better than a lot of companies. Simple as that.

Am massively passionate about building up new work and love talking to people about it. I bore my family and friends constantly about how im going to do this that and the other....... but generally..... i do it!

When ever people have ideas that they think would make a great business they usually ring me and say, how can i do this..... and if i can help i will.

Some people would say im a dreamer, but i remember when I first set up.... all my mates were ******* themselves.... but since building a good business they seem to forget that.

Best thing anyone ever taught me was to get things done and understand when a customer asks you to do something that is out side of your comfort zone.... understand that if you dont want to do it..... no one else will want to do it...... but someone will end up doing it......and that person will make a lot a cash from it because they will charge well to do it....... so just give the customer a price that if he says yeah go do it...... you'll think well I tell you what.... if he's going to pay me that......i'll happliy do it

I never ever rip people off or take advantage of situations... I just charge a fair price for what ever needs doing and make sure we do it well.

I set massive goals in life and let all my family and friends know about them so that if i dont hit them i know im not doing as well as I said I would be and so work harder....

Everything I do in life is for my 2 kids that mean more to me than the world. That's what drives me on!

Hia Rob good to have ya, experience is always need by us idiots lol.

The kids are the thing that keep most of us going mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Welcome rob thanks for the great advice already, hope your going to stick around and share you knowledge.

Cheers for the welcome guys!

Hopefully i'll make good use of this..... i get addicted to stuff like this very easily..... hence should have been in bed about 2 hrs ago... gotta be up in 7hrs for a full days work but rarely get to bed as im usually buzzing at night!

Great to speak to people who share interests so i can stop boring my wife! poor lass couldnt give a monkeys about cleaning but does listen!

My mrs is the same I tell her my big plan and she just switches off that's why I'm always here we are all boaring lol

Rob mate good to see u on here /emoticons/smile.png and Ilike you said u dont take advantage or disadvantage thats good because to be in business u got to be honest /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back