Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does leafleting work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Grandad always said to me " dave you'll never understand women as long as you have a hole in the end of your c##k"

True

If it was just 12 streets then i would canvass it. I always used leaflets but I have qauter of a million houses.
Not on your own I hope
clear.png

had a diddler send me a cheque for 6 quid when it was a 9 quid job. by careful pen alteration i changed it to sixteen !

oh your a naughty boy boar...yep me had to alter a few cheques in my time..one custy nicely fooled me by signing the amount in the signature bit....it was £30 but i kept it and casually mentioned it on my next visit as if i need a mere £30....:cool:

long while ago i knew a guy who made a point of not signing his cheques. this was to give him some extra grace time . one time he did this with a really big cheque to the tax office-now you dont mess those boys about,but he thought he could - but his unsigned cheque it went straight thru !

Had a custy last week who fogot to sign a cheque. Most times I just hand it in to the bank and they accept it, very slack bank. But I went over and She signed it

Posted fifty leaflets picked up one house, it is in a road I didn't clean in so hopefully will pick up more in time. Most of my new jobs come from being seen and approached by homeowners needing a windie.

good thing about leaflets is how random it can be . i can remember leafletting in a different town in October probably 1 hour max and then went home,got not a single call. told myself ,the town is sewn up by organized firms , forget it

6 months later i got a call,some lady had kept my leaflet and its only a small 6 pound job- well- i took it - later i leafletted this town properly and now have 100s of houses there

Last edited:
1 out of 50 is a very good response. Nice one :thumbsup:

Posted fifty leaflets picked up one house, it is in a road I didn't clean in so hopefully will pick up more in time. Most of my new jobs come from being seen and approached by homeowners needing a windie.

200 leaflets I had 35 responses this week monday morning. I did leaflets about a month ago to still getting the odd customer from them as well.

Well done Joshua....great result :thumbsup:

Do you have prices on your leaflets?

200 leaflets I had 35 responses this week monday morning. I did leaflets about a month ago to still getting the odd customer from them as well.

I noticed in the local paper shop window recently a postcard size leaflet advertising 3 bed house windows cleaned for £4.50 plus other handyman services.

I wonder how many enquiries that chap gets :rolleyes:

3 bed for 4.50 I wouldn't even phone him

What sort of quality would you get for that

whats 50pence....i have been told by my new management team to drop it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

the government has told us all the recession is over....he he he ...

well until after the election of course...:whistle:

I had a lady the other week who paid by cheque, the bank sent it back to me a couple days later saying it was stopped by the account holder. Went back, she apologised but had no cash, so still waiting for my money.. :mad: it was a one-off, fortunately next door is a regular, loyal custy so she would have a word with her in case i won't get paid

I dropped 100 leaflets through doors and heard nothing. 8 months later I received a call from one lady that then became a regular customer at 15 quid per 4 weeks. So, did it pay ? I made the leaflets myself with photoshop so didn't cost me much more than time and a bit of ink so you could say it did but, I wonder how many more customers I may have picked up if I had just knocked the same doors.

The thing is and customers usually always agree with this when I mention it, even if you're interested in what a leaflet is offering, you often put it down and never pick it up again. Customers that are loyal can still sometimes forget to pay, to leave a gate open when out, forget to tell you they're away that week etc etc so, potential customers are probably 80% certain to not think twice about the leaflet they read only yesterday IMO.

To me, a leaflet is waste of a door knock. I don't do either now as my work comes to me from word of mouth, having my number on my back etc but, I would always knock a door now rather than wasting the opportunity on a bit of paper.

Mart.

I have only ever used leaflets. Yes it does work. But they work bettet if printed by a company rather than by me.

Back