Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog attacks wee girl

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Exactly, it's an animal and you cannot predict what will happen, whether you blame the animal or the person provoking the reaction, an animal doesn't know the difference between someone messing about or an attack or something that it's just got mixed up as being a threat.

I don't own a dog but I go walking with one every day that has to have a muzzle. You can't predict how they will react to certain situations. The muzzle is to stop those potential situations being a problem, it's being responsible with the dog.

I'm sure most of the babies that have been mauled by dogs the owners would say the dog wouldn't have harmed a fly and it was very 'unexpected'. I keep hearing on this thread about 'rare' occurrences. Rare doesn't mean 'never', just remember that.
If you gett attacked Chris by the dog just do what this Aussie woman did - Woman saves her pet pooch from beach brawl

I watched a video once. They tried it with three different dogs (so not conclusive at all). The lab & the shepherd both ran away when their owner was ‘attacked’. It was the wee Yorkie that stood its ground & went for them ?

Have you ever noticed when your doing someone's windows who has a dog, when the owners home, they will bark etc. If you ever remember watch the same dogs reaction when the owners aren't home. Most of the time the same dog will be quiet as the owners not there for assurance so it's scared.

If you train a dog to be aggressive and attack in situations where a strangers come into the house or your being attacked then it's pretty easy to do. The vast majority of dogs with no prior training in that scenario won't be much use to you.

Have you ever noticed when your doing someone's windows who has a dog, when the owners home, they will bark etc. If you ever remember watch the same dogs reaction when the owners aren't home. Most of the time the same dog will be quiet as the owners not there for assurance so it's scared.

If you train a dog to be aggressive and attack in situations where a strangers come into the house or your being attacked then it's pretty easy to do. The vast majority of dogs with no prior training in that scenario won't be much use to you.
Not at all
They don’t bark when no one is about as they aren’t in protective mode as no one about to protect

Not at all
They don’t bark when no one is about as they aren’t in protective mode as no one about to protect
I agree with you to a point on this, as some are yappy dogs and will bark regardless because they ain't been taught how they should behave and react, others as you say won't be in protective mode most dogs just lay on the floor watching me but will react when the owner is home even though they know me well enough but some dogs aren't happy unless they get let out to see me then they'll not be reactive once they've gone back in the house

Not at all

There was a bull mastiff in a house I done years ago, I done a cafe and the wife said to do the house, then said infact don't as the back door gets left open and the gates dbl botled as they leave the door open so the dog can go outside too. Said it went mental when the last window cleaner was there so wasn't sure if it would be okay with us there.

I said il do the fronts and then go to the backs, if it looks like itl bite me il leave the backs this time. When it saw me at the front window it just sat and looked and was scared. When I went to the backs it came out when I was at the gate, the moment I opened the gate it was off running into the house.

Next time and they were in the house the thing was up at the window barking and snarling as I'm doing the living room window going mad. The woman came out the back and apologised. I told her to open the door and let it out and watch what happens. She was hesitant to do it, the other guy working with me seen her going to open the door and said just wait until he gets out the garden before she opens that door. He gets out and I'm still doing the window and told her to let it out.

She opened the door and it came out making no noise. I came down my ladder and it ran behind her not coming near me, she even shouted her husband to come and see it. I said if you think that's going to protect you out a walk late at night your in for a suprise. The dog seen her as the protection.

I'm not saying you won't get dogs without training that won't protect you. There are some who will, but there in the small minority of dogs that will.

Its very easy to train dogs to be protective of there owners or house though. Out of all the dogs the police use I'm sure it's something like only 6% of the dogs they start with aren't deemed fit for purpose as there to friendly etc. If it was a hard thing to do it would be nowhere near that number.

Not at all

Dog trainer here says in his 20 years training 99% of the dogs he's seen wouldn't protect There owners. It's amazing how many people believe the stereotype that a dogs somehow going to protect There owners or house without prior training. It's fantasy stuff for the vast majority. This isn't meant as a dig btw but have you read about Dog behaviours or watched trainers in any great detail?. As what you think a dogs behavior is showing and what they see it as is complete opposites.

Latest Posts

Back