Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog Dirt clean up or leave it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got a 100m hose attached to my trolley and I think I am going to start using anti bacterial wipes to clean the hose. Normally just use a cloth. Every so often if I've had filthy hose day I put the hose in a bucket of bleach for the night to give it a good clean.

I had to say good bye to a customer last Friday. New build detached property, only one side of the house accessible. But the side of the house was full of dog muck and a small gate which I had to climb over. 

Anyway I told the customer the gate would need to be opened. They did that so  I planned to carry a back pack to the rear garden anddodge the muck on the side of the house, not worth running a hose through it.

So I went last Friday managed to get to the back garden. But now they had decided to let the dog use the back garden as well as the side of the house... So I just put the equipment back in van and left... Won't be going back.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ask them to make sure the garden is clear of **** the night before ,i still dont like it because half them feed cheap food and its like curry still on the grass ect can't stand it.

If you don't need the money i would get rid , DO NOT pic up there dogs shite!!

they want reporting for letting there own dog have to walk around in it ,its not fair to you or the animal 

The vast majority of people feed cheap food, dry food is just a filler that's why most dogs are ? machines , my wife and I think the dog licence should be brought back in and people having to pass a basic knowledge test. 

The vast majority of people feed cheap food, dry food is just a filler that's why most dogs are ? machines , my wife and I think the dog licence should be brought back in and people having to pass a basic knowledge test. 

That's what I've always said, each owner should have a license that they pay each year for and they should have to show they're capable of looking after that dog.  Each year there should be somebody who goes to the owners home to check that the dog is being looked after.  The dogs should be dna tested, any dog dirt found on parks, pavements etc should be dna tested with an automatic fine posted to the owner.  £200 first time, £500 second time, dog removed and banned from having a dog third time.  

That's what I've always said, each owner should have a license that they pay each year for and they should have to show they're capable of looking after that dog.  Each year there should be somebody who goes to the owners home to check that the dog is being looked after.  The dogs should be dna tested, any dog dirt found on parks, pavements etc should be dna tested with an automatic fine posted to the owner.  £200 first time, £500 second time, dog removed and banned from having a dog third time.  
Trouble is inspections would be made via an appointment, anyone can put on a front in an interview, it's a case of how do you catch them out whether at home or out and about, it's a £100 fine around were I live but it still happens, just like people driving and using there mobile phone with one of those massive vape things in the other hand, far to many selfish idiot's about these days unfortunately 

Chris,

You might find a Gardiner backpack works well for the back gardens of dog owners (you could 1/2 of 1/3 fill it to keep the weight down) so EVERTHING's off the ground

backpack.png

I once had a similar custy and used to drape my hose along the fence to get it off the ground...think they had 2-3 German Shepherd's and it looked like it...happily they moved, 'Aaw sorry to lose you as customer...bye then...all the best with the move..." phew!

Latest Posts

Back