Other Dog poo! How to tell customers to clean it up prior to visit

Discussion in 'Other' started by A dam, Mar 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. A dam

A dam Newcomer

Okay guys this may seem like a rant but nothing can ruin my day more than going on to one of them gardens that always makes the nostril hairs sting with the stench and leaving with **** all up the legs and on your hose or up your ladders and the dog owner never cleans it up even when they see you on the front and have time to do it before you get to the back. Anyway what is your approach to the customer and how do you make a change. Thankyou

Advertisement
  2. David K

David K Forum Addict

Just be honest about it ! . Simply say that you cant work under these conditions .

3. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I've posted this before but it's relevant so I'll post it again.

This is a message I sent to one of my customers. She's also one of my wife's clients (my wife's a hairdresser) so I felt like I had to hold back a little bit but I was absolutely fuming. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

tbh people don't like to be told about there lack of consideration(dog mess).it can work in a number of ways,they will dump you because they get the hump,or you will dump them for not cleaning the mess,or they may book there idears up?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How did she reply to that? If at all.

6. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

She didn't actually reply to me.

My wife was round there working the following week and dropped it into conversation. Apparently she was very apologetic and blamed it on her husband being unwell so he hadn't been out to clear it up. That's bull **** because it's always in that state. No mention of paying me any money for the work I had managed to do.

I was due back round there today so sent her another message last night warning them that I was coming so they could clear up. I'll upload the screenshot so you can see how that went.

7. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. mark

mark Forum Addict

umm like I said people take the huff,they sound like they don't want the windows cleaning anymore?get the payment and don't clean or txt them again THEY NO THE REASON

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that I shouldn't have sent her the message?

10. mark

mark Forum Addict

NOOOOO-you did the right thing letting her know by text message.from my own personal experience, telling cutstomers to clean up there:turd:they don't like it.you have to tell them and you did the right thing:thumbsup:

Advertisement