Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheaky quote.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

Just went to a massive house for a quote. He want all windows inside and out plus conny roof plus all glass inside and mirrors and tv 's.

So i quote £140 since its 3 stories and is going to take 3 or 4 hours.

He says no my guy wants £100 clean whole house.

So what about gutters. So i say £100 for gutters.

So he says. OK i will pay £100 for gutters and windows.......?!?!?!?

I can see he's not going to budge and is a cheapskate so I can't even be bothered to argue and just said I will think about it and turn and leg it. You know my answer. Not even going to bother wasting more of my time on that one...

So to get this straight he wants you to do on a 3 storey house

all windows outside

all the glass inside

tv's & mirrors

all guttering

For £100...

I would have told him best get your guy frank to do it then /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yup. I did say that. When he said he wanted just the windows for £80.

But I was so shocked at the low price I he said I actually asked if he was joking and he said no. In all my years I have never had anyone cut my quote by half or more than I actually stood there and stared at him with my mouth open... gobsmacked. Then after about 20 second I said to myself - just get out of the house your wasting your time. Say anything to finish the coversation and get out.... so I did... lol going to laugh at this one for years.

Actually I think I will call him tomorrow and say I am happy to clean the gutters and windows. Its £250 cash up front

Unfortunatly you will come accross these types as there are plenty of ppl out there like our eu migrant workers that will work their butts off for next to nothing. Many are quite happy to take work for say £10 a hour as that seems a good rate to them.

I guess if that migrant worker is living with ten others on a floor, sending the cash back home, it's worth it to them in the present. How long they'll survive in good health...

And how good could the job be uninsured without all the gear.

I had a woman next door to a custy with only 4 windows come out and ask me

I have a tenner minimum but seeing as it is next door and 5 minutes work i said a fiver

She said i will have to think about it

Think all you like sweetheart you ain't getting them cleaned by me

It does make you laugh how some don't bat a eyelid when my work can run into hundreds sometimes then you get ppl like that have to think about spending a five. Perhaps she thought you where too cheap :rolleyes:/emoticons/biggrin.png

No problem sir, you have my price, that is a more than fair quote I have given you so should you decide to go ahead give us a call. Many thanks.

And just start walking. I never (even when I am) look desperate for the job, never compromise on a quote.

Should have asked him if he gives half price blow jobs or does he always hold out for the full asking price! /emoticons/tongue.png

I do when asrehole tax is applied to our barter friends as it's just a fun game to me. Maybe I've got it in my blood too as I never like paying the asking price either /emoticons/biggrin.png

Much prefer this dude...

...we shall fight on the hills...we shall never surrender.

Sir-Winston-Leonard-Spencer-Churchill-9248186-1-402.jpg

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

Best ever churchill quote:

I may be drunk miss, but in the morning i will be sober and you will still be ugly

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

Best ever churchill quote:I may be drunk miss, but in the morning i will be sober and you will still be ugly
I fkin love England.

Best ever churchill quote:I may be drunk miss, but in the morning i will be sober and you will still be ugly
Yes Davey, but the next part clinched it for me, she retorted with:

Churchill Sir, If you were my husband I'd poison your tea!

He retorted with: Madam, if you were my wife I'd drink the damned tea!

I had a woman next door to a custy with only 4 windows come out and ask meI have a tenner minimum but seeing as it is next door and 5 minutes work i said a fiver

She said i will have to think about it

Think all you like sweetheart you ain't getting them cleaned by me
She messaged me 2 days ago to say ok when can i do it..before i could reply with go jump she messaged me to say ignore last message

Obviously got a cheaper deal than 5 quid for 4 windows and a door

This is why i normally have a tenner minimum to avoid these numptys

Back