Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Durable Medium Sill Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I like the extreme sill, but ditched it for supreme, due to being rubbish for getting spiders nests out of corners.

I want gardiners to make what I call "the sticky finger" goes on opposite of brush than can be deployed to poke into corner, has a rubber sticky point, that won't break glass if you hit glass, but firm enough to gouge nest out. 

Nobody is telling you to scrap any pole. I’m saying with all those poles I thought you would have one. It’s  no point asking for advice then when people offer it, you don’t like it. Choose your own stuff then come on here and give us your options. Everybody’s thoughts and opinions help us all. 
I think you should go back and read the context of the comment as no one has mentioned any backpacks in this thread either ?

I was replying to old timers comment about Gardiner being a sponsor of the forum and the general replies on here.

I actually like Gardiner's stuff (I think I have a thread on here about one of their brushes) but I wouldn't use it exclusively.

I've had lots of brushes from different suppliers over the years and they just don't compare to Gardiner's to me. Gardiner's have such a variety and are always innovating new brushes.

I've tried xline and WCW brushes but they are just heavy and standard to me. I also got a streamline brush with my ova8 pole, it was pants lol and I sold the pole.

I currently have extreme sill stiff and medium. Ultimate DuPont TaperTec, 35 cm extreme, supreme flocked. Ultimate is a good all rounder. 

I get extremely good wear from the Extreme non flocked sill brush, at least six to twelve months. But I've recently started using the Supreme Tapertec Hybrid. It's not a sill brush as such but it has quite long bristles and is good for sills. It is better than the Extreme Sill for removing spider nests from corners.
What supreme hybrid you using the DuPont or the flock? And I take it is working good with the hot water.

What supreme hybrid you using the DuPont or the flock? And I take it is working good with the hot water.
Dupont, @Den. I have no interest in flocked. I rinse on and like any remaining dirt to have an escape route out of the bottom of the brush through the bristles without being trapped. Not had any issues with using the hot water. ?

Dupont, @Den. I have no interest in flocked. I rinse on and like any remaining dirt to have an escape route out of the bottom of the brush through the bristles without being trapped. Not had any issues with using the hot water. ?
Good to hear I have a few dupontsbut not used with hot water ?

@Alex Gardiner are you not selling the ultimate stiff 26cm any more just ordered 2 brushes but couldn't see the stiff witch is my go to brush for hot water ? 
Hi tench

We no longer sell the Ultimate Stiff in 26cm - we have continued only with the Super-Lite 26cm Stiff version. About a year ago we stopped selling the ultimate version - neither of these 26cm brushes sold very many - so we had to decide which to continue with and we went with the Super-lite as it sold slightly more each month.

We do still sell the Ultimate  stiff in 35cm version though.

Here is a link to the Stiff brushes we do still sell.

Hi tench

We no longer sell the Ultimate Stiff in 26cm - we have continued only with the Super-Lite 26cm Stiff version. About a year ago we stopped selling the ultimate version - neither of these 26cm brushes sold very many - so we had to decide which to continue with and we went with the Super-lite as it sold slightly more each month.

We do still sell the Ultimate  stiff in 35cm version though.

Here is a link to the Stiff brushes we do still sell.
Gutted ive ordered the ultmate medium and extreme stiff sill im hopping the extreme will last longer than the flocked extreme

If you want a good brush for hot I would recommend the supreame stiff very good brush , that’s what we use 99% of the time .
Are these only really good with hot water as they look good.

To be honest most of the brushes in Alex's link look good in just not sure if a stiff bristled brush would be good for every day use.

The windows I've been getting have been so dirty and with what looks like builders dust that I'm resulting to going back trad as they just end up leaving marks.

Also my softer brushes seem to hold the dirt no matter how much I dust them off or rinse them so I end up spreading the dirt to the next customer.

I've been doing this quite a while now but I'm starting to feel like I'm just starting out....lol

To be honest most of the brushes in Alex's link look good in just not sure if a stiff bristled brush would be good for every day use.

The windows I've been getting have been so dirty and with what looks like builders dust that I'm resulting to going back trad as they just end up leaving marks.

Also my softer brushes seem to hold the dirt no matter how much I dust them off or rinse them so I end up spreading the dirt to the next customer.

I've been doing this quite a while now but I'm starting to feel like I'm just starting out....lol
My guess is your using flocked brushes. I never use flocked brushes and I never have an issue with brush holding dust. ?

Supreame stiff is needed with hot water  but the medium is a very nice brush with cold splay  is good it gets into all the corners feels nice on the glass give it a go .

Supreame stiff is needed with hot water  but the medium is a very nice brush with cold splay  is good it gets into all the corners feels nice on the glass give it a go .
My account has been banned for most of the day....lol

They seem to be out of stock on the medium one.

Back