Eccotemp L5 Water Heater

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Knoxy, Jan 30, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Just used my new eccotemp L5 water heater for the first time today :) Oooohh it's so nice having hot water, I seem to spend ages cleaning frames but not today with hot water the muck seemed to come off so quick. I fitted it to my back door and the only problem was it was a bit windy today and it would get blown out now and again :( other than that I love it love it love it love it love it....

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Great aren't they!

3. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Hot is great, dunno what model i have as it came fitted in van i bought, its from Poisodon Products,( now bust i believe) only thing i dont like about the L5 is that you cant fit a flue, for that reason i wont be fitting one, also back door fitting aint an option up here as its so flipping windy aw the time in winter , ive got a reach 2clean one in garage as a spare in case one in van packs up, the one in van is 2 years old and working fine still :D

Attached Files:

4. LMWC

LMWC Newcomer

im pretty sure this is the same heater that you have. what are they like, do they have a 20 minutes cut off timer?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cointra-Advance-CMB-5b-waterheater-propane/dp/B0050VL07G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359582716&sr=8-3

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I got a flue on my l5! Lol made my own to fit it and gets most of the fumes out the van! Not had a problem with the fumes.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

7. LMWC

LMWC Newcomer

ive got one without a 20 minute timer, its never overheated, they are not necessary. i Have 2 pumps running from one, and regualrly run it for over 20 mins. i want the find a heater that does not have one incase i need to replace mine in the future.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

For safety wise they are and to protect the heater from damage! The people that are replacing the boilers due to them breaking are the ones without this timer!

9. LMWC

LMWC Newcomer

the heaters that are being replaced are the cheap chinese one that have the timer, the fogwash does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, the l5 that corwoods sell does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, and my marey heater from america does not have one, it comes with a 3 year warranty, so they must be pretty reliable.

so the only unreliable heater is on that has a timer, so they obviously dont really accomplish much.

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

As far as i can tell i do not have a 20 minute timer, that one does look like mine, thanks for the link , RC i seen your flue in your vid, looks ok mate

Advertisement