End of tennancy prices

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jake, Aug 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Recently I've had lots of end of tenancy cleans, and I can't really fit them in, I'm too busy, so I've started to charge 'silly money' but always say to them

'you will no doubt find cheaper elsewhere, but I'm happy to do it for this price, totally up to you'

And to my suprise not one person has bothered going elsewhere,

I did two last week, one upstairs maisonette (6 windows) for £40

And one small house for £50 (8 windows)

Both were happy, which really surprises me, but I do give them choice to look elsewhere - Infact I almost encourage it, but they seem willing to pay...

I used to charge maybe half the price above, but hated it! Now I'm quite happy to do them for these prices - just goes to show high prices sometimes seem to make people want to choose you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Good work, are those insides and outsides? £40 for 6 windows is easy money in anyones books. I had one the other week, said another windie would do it for £25, I said best I could do is £30 and still got it regular. Not a huge increase but I was still higher none-the-less

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Outsides!

Some will be insides, I've got one to do on Thursday that's £50 for 8 widows again, but that's inside as well, still should only take 30 mins, small house...

Every little helps mate, £30 still good!

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Wow outsides thats awesome! £50 for half an hours work puts you on £100 an hour! Lol. That is proper quick though, that would take me closer to an hour and a half haha. Yeah 30s ok, it does have a conservatory and glass balcony though, but its regular, got the neighbour out of it and is a fiver more than the other windie would of charged lol, and rightly so to be fair its a big bungalow!

5. cheapncheerful

yep they should pay as its not regular work...Im watching out for any of them...:D

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I hate one-offs, I say I only do monthly or every other month but people still ask for it to be done as and when they need it, well call cheapie then :thumbsup::D

7. Alien Human

End of tenancies can be worth quite a few bob down here as well.

If you are in a town / city that has a uni then now is a great time to be contacting estate agents direct or linking up with the cleaning companies that handle the cleans.

I work closely with x2 cleaning companies down here and they are great to work with :)

A pound a minute - that's my new pricing system and what started off as a bit of fun actually seems to work - especially with end of tenancies.

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Only 8 windows, nice and quick - but not too quick as otherwise it's embarrassing... So I get it done in half hour ish...

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That's a good idea alien, I did bunk about collaborating with cleaners...

10. SHAQ TULLOCH

SHAQ TULLOCH Active Member

hold on? so you charged £50 for 8 windows ? what ? fair play mate .. how did you justify that to the customer ?

i get so irritated by some people who still expect to get their 3 bed house done foe £3 lol

Advertisement