Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin not lasting

There's my filters... Sediment carbon resin another sediment then goes to my vessel then out my hose..... But iv been told to use sediment sediment then carbon then leave resin to last... Also I'm using my tank for tap water to go through filters then out hose, am I best of putting tap through filters and filling tank with pure then out hose ?

View attachment 6843

View attachment 6844

It should go, water source, (tap) sediment filter, carbon block, membranes then di vessel to tank. Is this how yours goes?

I don't have membrane as I don't have anywhere for the waste ?

This is how I bought it of someone

It worked fine up until I bought the new shurflo pump

Obviously I'm new to it all and need a bit of guidance

Will it be best getting shot of all them and just using twin di?

Sorry, tell me how it works? Are you saying tap to di and then tank and then through sediment and carbon filter to hose?

I can't see how it was ok before

Tony

I fill tank with tap water, that goes to sediment then carbon then to 10" resin then sediment then to the di vessel and out to hose.... But speaking to someone they said if I'm going to do it like that I'm better of using sediment sediment then carbon and leaving resin to last ? But said I'd be better of getting another vessel and using twin di to fill my tank with pure

Start again .....200gpd Into di vessel Resin will last you a while
He's go no where for the waste to go.

Who you bought it off is he local, can he come and have a look?

Where in the uk are you

Tony

Thanks for putting up the photo's as makes it a lot clearer.

Reading your post back again you have new resin which you have ordered not from us and you still have problems with your ppm.

Your email to us you are getting a reading of 30 after your filters which straight away points to a faulty meter. Those filters would not take your ppm down that far as all they take out is chlorine. If that was the amount of chlorine in your water then you would have a serious health risk.

The erratic readings from the di vessel also point out that it is the meter and may be also the di vessel.

Tony is in Cleveland if anyone can help out.

Your whole system needs to be scrapped and redone as whoever sold you this has set it up incorrectly.

Hi guys, just to let you know must of been my Di vessel?? Bought a new one and got 25l unger resin, my old Di is now making 7ppm whilst the new vessel is 0ppm straight away, so I'm just going to do twin Di and use the smaller Di first so the larger Di resin isn't doing all the the work, does this sound ideal ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock