Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme 22 help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do any of you lads use the univalve with the extreme or is it a no go?
I use Univalve, Hozeless, short plastic swivel, Non-flocked Extreme Sill Brush and 100 degree fan jets on my Extreme 22.

That combination is the wfp equivalent of a high performance racing car for me. Took a bit of perseverance to get used to but once I clicked with it I was away."

I use Univalve, Hozeless, short plastic swivel, Non-flocked Extreme Sill Brush and 100 degree fan jets on my Extreme 22.

That combination is the wfp equivalent of a high performance racing car for me. Took a bit of perseverance to get used to but once I clicked with it I was away."
Thanks! I also use hoseless & swivel so good to know they can be used. The only difference would be I would need a lighter brush, currently use a universal 35 but that’ll be way too heavy for a extreme!

Thanks! I also use hoseless & swivel so good to know they can be used. The only difference would be I would need a lighter brush, currently use a universal 35 but that’ll be way too heavy for a extreme!
That brush is probably why you have a sore shoulder,  I recommend any of the extreme brushes I use them all ?

Morning guy’s

Hoping for a little bit of advice I’ve currently got a shoulder injury and it’s time for a new pole I would go for an extreme 18 as I won’t to get the weight down as much as possible to help my shoulder issue but it’s out of stock so was wondering if any of you guys have a 22ft extreme but use it as an 18 and keep the 22ft section in the van for as and when needed ?

I know this isn’t a problem to do with the slx but was wondering if it’s possible to do with the extreme or are the base sections reinforced on the extreme. ?
Hi Andy,

I had the same issue, sore shoulder hurting for months. I switched to using fan jets and rinsing on the glass and use 18ft SLX not much difference in weight really to the extremes, but big difference in money. Hope your shoulder improves soon. Might be worth physio for it.

It isn't just the overall weight of a pole that makes the difference to the user.  It's a combination of several factors.  It's also where the weight is when using it.  To get some idea of what I mean, try turning your pole upside down and using it.  The weight is exactly the same but is distributed very differently and makes the pole very unwieldly

When using a pole that is only slightly lighter in overall weight, don't get the idea that it won't make much difference in use. When the pole is fully extended it will feel very different to a pole that is only a few ounces heavier. The difference is very noticeable between brush weights as well.

A heavier pole also has more inertia than a lighter pole.  As I got older this caused me to suffer a lot with RSI in my wrists.  Since switching to Xtreme poles three or four years back, I seldom have an issue with it.

It isn't just the overall weight of a pole that makes the difference to the user.  It's a combination of several factors.  It's also where the weight is when using it.  To get some idea of what I mean, try turning your pole upside down and using it.  The weight is exactly the same but is distributed very differently and makes the pole very unwieldly

When using a pole that is only slightly lighter in overall weight, don't get the idea that it won't make much difference in use. When the pole is fully extended it will feel very different to a pole that is only a few ounces heavier. The difference is very noticeable between brush weights as well.

A heavier pole also has more inertia than a lighter pole.  As I got older this caused me to suffer a lot with RSI in my wrists.  Since switching to Xtreme poles three or four years back, I seldom have an issue with it.
Very true, it's the difference in the weight at a distance that's the issue especially when it's out to the side like when reaching over a conservatory.

An exercise to show the importance and speed of lightweight equipment for anyone interested : Take something fairly heavy (a brick or a steam iron for instance). Hold it at arms length. Now draw a triangle with sides of about two feet in the air in front of you. Now do it again but fast for about ten times. See how hard it is to start, stop and change direction.

Now try the same exercise but with something light, a packet of biscuits or crisps for instance. It's not just the weight being held, it is for sure, also the speed we can start, stop and change direction with the equipment that makes the work faster and less stressful on the body. Lighter equipment allows a lighter, looser grip, this again reduces strain on the body and a lighter grip allows the muscles to move faster.

I don't understand why you or anyone else would use a 35cm brush as a daily brush, the weight of a brush will be a contributing effect on your shoulders, you will be surprised the difference a brush makes, 

I had shoulder injuries years ago plus other injuries and I was using a stripped down S-Max as a 22ft, I then switched to a Xtreme and it helped a lot, but I am now using  my hybrid SLX-22 as a daily which has two S-Max sections fitted which are sections #1 & #2,  I have tried various brushes from Xtremes to Supremes and the contributing factor to flare up issues with my shoulders has been brushes not the pole, I have recently found the best for little 5ft me is a SLX-22 and the Xtreme flocked 

I don't understand why you or anyone else would use a 35cm brush as a daily brush, the weight of a brush will be a contributing effect on your shoulders, you will be surprised the difference a brush makes, 

I had shoulder injuries years ago plus other injuries and I was using a stripped down S-Max as a 22ft, I then switched to a Xtreme and it helped a lot, but I am now using  my hybrid SLX-22 as a daily which has two S-Max sections fitted which are sections #1 & #2,  I have tried various brushes from Xtremes to Supremes and the contributing factor to flare up issues with my shoulders has been brushes not the pole, I have recently found the best for little 5ft me is a SLX-22 and the Xtreme flocked 
I like them as it covers a lot more of the window, allowing for a quicker clean. I set it up with 4 jets so the water is evenly distributed. Only got one window on the round that cannot be done with it. 

What do you mean the weight? the new tapertec is only 120gs. You have got to move with the times wee man, everyone on here using them bar you. ?

My preference for the 35cm Xtreme as my main brush came about by chance really. 

I purchased one to try on part of my round where the houses all have large panes and are mostly wall to wall glass back and front and seemed to take forever with a 26cm brush. On completion I used to switch straight back to the 26cm brush which then felt like a toothbrush on the end of the pole by comparison. So, on occasion I would leave the 35 on for a bit before switching back.  I then gradually got used to it and left it on for longer. 
It probably works for me as I also use a swivel which allows for changing the brush angle to clean what would otherwise be awkward windows with a 35.
I always keep a 26 to hand though as sometimes it is the best size for a particular job. I don’t often use the 35 for first cleans. That tends to be an Ultimate 26

Back