Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook Selling Pages

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wow now I'm confused after reading this lol, so is better to have a personal account as well as a busk one to promote your business page?

Because if I had my just my business page I can't see how I would get people to see my page??

Cucumber cut, and ready for eyes (plus darkened room) Its just having the know how I suppose

Wow now I'm confused after reading this lol, so is better to have a personal account as well as a busk one to promote your business page? Because if I had my just my business page I can't see how I would get people to see my page??
You figured out who I am yet, mate? /emoticons/wink.png If you call in for a coffee I'll explain it to ya! /emoticons/tongue.png

Put your Facebook page on your business cards and get all your friends and family and existing customers to "Like" the page ... once they've liked it, when you do updates it will start appearing in their News Feed and if they share it or comment on it all of their friends will see it as well and they get the opportunity to Like it.

The only issue some businesses have is when they set up a Business page, they want to go round "Friending" everyone in the area and they get upset when they can't. But it's actually a good thing that you can't do that.

Imagine if all the businesses that already fill your mailbox with spam, send texts to your mobile and phone you up on your landline could also start sending you friend requests on Facebook and filling your Newsfeed with ****! You'd never hear the end of it!

So Businesses can't friend people, but people can Like businesses. Once they Like a business, they can then recommend it to their friends - which is better because people are getting a recommendation from a friend they trust rather than a random request from a business they've never heard of. But you can get the whole process started by, like I said, getting all your friends n family n existing customers to "Like" you - and that's where having a Personal profile as well can help, because you can immediately start sharing all your Business updates with your Personal friends!

You figured out who I am yet, mate? /emoticons/wink.png If you call in for a coffee I'll explain it to ya! /emoticons/tongue.png
Put your Facebook page on your business cards and get all your friends and family and existing customers to "Like" the page ... once they've liked it, when you do updates it will start appearing in their News Feed and if they share it or comment on it all of their friends will see it as well and they get the opportunity to Like it.

The only issue some businesses have is when they set up a Business page, they want to go round "Friending" everyone in the area and they get upset when they can't. But it's actually a good thing that you can't do that.

Imagine if all the businesses that already fill your mailbox with spam, send texts to your mobile and phone you up on your landline could also start sending you friend requests on Facebook and filling your Newsfeed with ****! You'd never hear the end of it!

So Businesses can't friend people, but people can Like businesses. Once they Like a business, they can then recommend it to their friends - which is better because people are getting a recommendation from a friend they trust rather than a random request from a business they've never heard of. But you can get the whole process started by, like I said, getting all your friends n family n existing customers to "Like" you - and that's where having a Personal profile as well can help, because you can immediately start sharing all your Business updates with your Personal friends!
cheers phil, just to clarify the facebook page your talking about is my business one yeah?i came off face book a while back, would it be worth creating my business page and then reactivating my other page to get my friends and people to like my page?

Wlf's answer is great if you already have a business page but no personal profile. If you don't already have a business page create one through your personal profile its much easier

I did promote it wlf but to be honest anyone that would need to do any of this probably hasn't put that much effort into facebook, still I've seen the make admin in the likes list and it never clicked, must be old age or something equally good to use for an excuse lol.

Excellent reply though dude.

Back