Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Phoenix Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

realy good m8 ill give a proper review after a few months! but so far so good the clamps looked a bit plasticy at thurst but thay r good the pheonix sticker started to piel off after an hour but its only a sticker lol im just nit picken the end cap fell off so ive glued it bk on its so stiff tho i luv it so far time will tell the clamps take some geting used to as ive had clx 4 so lng, no black hands with this pole cos they r lackerd :Image13: the anty pinch wrks a treat to there is no stop tape on the sections but it dont bother me cos u have a silver strip that tells u when section is fully extended .

Gmeister,

We did have an issue a small number of the end adaptors, pretty sure it's remedied now with a stronger mix of the plastic. Even with strength testing, certain elements weren't encountered. We've coming up to 2000 Phoenix poles out there now and apart from the first batch of problems, they are going very strong. The range is in constant development with more improvements coming all the time. We've had phenomenal feedback on the clamp design.

Any issue or problems please contact me ([email protected] or mike) for them to be rectified.
stephen was wandering how mch can u titen the clamps on the phoenix does there have to b a gap in the clamp if u no wat i mean or can u just titen them as mch as u want i just dont wana over titen them an damage the section or clamp???

Tench,

There is a fair amount of play in the clamps, so you can't really do much damage if at all (that's not to say to try and overdo it though!). We find just using the finger nut to lightly tighten the clamps so they just bite the pole, but spring open, works really. But as with anything, have a play around find what suits you best. Glad your enjoying it so far, we had a number of users comment on how faster they seem to be working with the new design over other poles used, let us know if you experience the same.

Tench,

There is a fair amount of play in the clamps, so you can't really do much damage if at all (that's not to say to try and overdo it though!). We find just using the finger nut to lightly tighten the clamps so they just bite the pole, but spring open, works really. But as with anything, have a play around find what suits you best. Glad your enjoying it so far, we had a number of users comment on how faster they seem to be working with the new design over other poles used, let us know if you experience the same.
thanks m8 ill have a play an do a review in a couple months but I think its ace so far :Image13:

I have the 22 foot hybrid pole which I bought about 3 months ago. I have had all of my clamps break on me and had them replaced for free. the actual moving part of one of my clamps also broke last week and I have replaced that and now the top pole has a crack at the bottom which will eventually have to be replaced.

I have the 22 foot hybrid pole which I bought about 3 months ago. I have had all of my clamps break on me and had them replaced for free. the actual moving part of one of my clamps also broke last week and I have replaced that and now the top pole has a crack at the bottom which will eventually have to be replaced.
that dont sound good m8 now im werried

Koopmaster, where did you get your pole from? That is definitely not the norm, the hybrid/composite is obviously not as strong as the carbon poles but we have yet to have anyone crack a section, this is with nearly 2000 Phoenix poles out there. If you can send me your details we can send out a new section and would like to see the one you have to assess where the damage has taken place.

As for clamp breakages..... unfortunately every pole make and manufacturer in existence will have clamps break on them regardless of any clamp upgrades that come out. As the majority are made of plastic, it's going to happen. Some pole makers have supplied pole repair kits and even complete sets of replacement clamps with their poles. All we can do is continually improve the clamp material and design to make it better and stronger, with the aim of reducing the issue as much as possible. Our current batch is the strongest yet, we are constantly tweaking the design and mix to make it even better.

sounds like very good custmer service there stephen i fiel at ease now lol, i suppose there is allways some 1 that will have problims as we all handle poles different

Koopmaster, where did you get your pole from? That is definitely not the norm, the hybrid/composite is obviously not as strong as the carbon poles but we have yet to have anyone crack a section, this is with nearly 2000 Phoenix poles out there. If you can send me your details we can send out a new section and would like to see the one you have to assess where the damage has taken place.

As for clamp breakages..... unfortunately every pole make and manufacturer in existence will have clamps break on them regardless of any clamp upgrades that come out. As the majority are made of plastic, it's going to happen. Some pole makers have supplied pole repair kits and even complete sets of replacement clamps with their poles. All we can do is continually improve the clamp material and design to make it better and stronger, with the aim of reducing the issue as much as possible. Our current batch is the strongest yet, we are constantly tweaking the design and mix to make it even better.
Hi stephen, I bought it from fullcleancentre, I sent you a PM with my mobile number to call me. I have taken a few photos and will email them to you.

Well I got a replacement pole from Steve at no cost. I must admit that their Customer service is amazing, they called me the next day to confirm which section was faulty and then I got the new pole the following day.

I am a really happy and impressed and if that's how they are going to treat me when I have a problem then I will definitely buy another "Phoenix" pole from

http://www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk

Well I got a replacement pole from Steve at no cost. I must admit that their Customer service is amazing, they called me the next day to confirm which section was faulty and then I got the new pole the following day.

I am a really happy and impressed and if that's how they are going to treat me when I have a problem then I will definitely buy another "Phoenix" pole from

http://www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk
nce 1 m8, looks like facelift r a realy on the ball with customer service up there with gardeners

hu guys, having read various comments on different site about issues with clamp wear on these poles, that put me off abit but i still really like the looks and clamping style of these poles and now after reading these comments with Stephen helping guys out im thinking about getting one of these as my first new pole, does anyone know what the basic fibreglass is like compared to the half carbon pole?

im on a budget as some may know im building my own wfp system so cant afford a full on carbon pole yet lol!

hu guys, having read various comments on different site about issues with clamp wear on these poles, that put me off abit but i still really like the looks and clamping style of these poles and now after reading these comments with Stephen helping guys out im thinking about getting one of these as my first new pole, does anyone know what the basic fibreglass is like compared to the half carbon pole?im on a budget as some may know im building my own wfp system so cant afford a full on carbon pole yet lol!

If your going to buy a glassfibre pole you may as well just buy that cheap **** off ebay untill you have the money to buy a hybrid or carbon pole. To be honest I started with glassfibre, then went to hybrid im now on carbon all within 14 months. I could have saved a fortune if i just saved and bought a carbon pole or bought a cheap pole and saved up for a carbon one.

just looking on the wcw site the phoenix hibrid is only £30 more than the fibreglass pole, if i go for a phoenix it will be that but when you add up the extra like neck and brush you can get the gardiner clx alot cheaper!

got the clx ,it got me started, also got the facelift

the clamp went on the clx after 8 weeks thought it would last longer, lifted it off window next thing it is bent over like a stick of toffee lol

Latest Posts

Back