Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Usage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Hi guys, I'm on a water meter and using about 1000ltrs a week. My system works at about 2:1 so in total I'm using about 3000ltrs approx.

I'm installing a new setup in the garage this weekend and I've been thinking...If by any chance we have a hot/dry summer and there's a hosepipe ban, What do i/we do?

Would I be better telling yorkshire water that I run a window cleaning biz? Does/has anyone else told there water authority? Are there any other benefits from doing so?

with droughts we are fine to work, there are 3 classes of droughts the water board works on.

cant remember what way it goes, if 1 being worst or 3 being worst.

class 1 - fine to work as normal

class 2 - reduce the use of water being used, like wfp tops and trad bottoms

class 3 - stop using wfp and back to trad

or it could be :-

class 3 - fine to work as normal

class 2 - reduce the use of water being used, like wfp tops and trad bottoms

class 1 - stop using wfp and back to trad

last years drought, or so called drought, wasnt anything to worry about with us,

if a custy moans all you got to say is, i am on business rates, so pay more, so doesnt effect me, as it wont effec mac d or any other business

Should I tell the water board that I am running a business from home? Or does it not matter?

So how do u claim it as an expense? For example I have two mobile phone accounts, personnel and business. Would it not be easier to have 2 separate water bills? Business and personnel or does it not work like that? How does everyone else do it?

https://www.affinitywater.co.uk/docs/drought-restrictions-explained.pdf

Water fed poles are frequently used by window cleaners and are considered within

the definition of ‘anything designed, adapted or used to serve the same purpose as a

hosepipe’. These systems use de-ionised water. Where mains water is the source

used to create this de-ionised water, this activity is restricted.

SOOOOOO Glad we are under Anglia Water and not affinitywater

https://www.affinitywater.co.uk/docs/drought-restrictions-explained.pdf
Water fed poles are frequently used by window cleaners and are considered within

the definition of ‘anything designed, adapted or used to serve the same purpose as a

hosepipe’. These systems use de-ionised water. Where mains water is the source

used to create this de-ionised water, this activity is restricted.

SOOOOOO Glad we are under Anglia Water and not affinitywater
I'm with east Surrey water

Back