Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time for WFP...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ChrisBlack84

Hi all

I'm ready to start investing into a pure water setup and start using wfp. I'm going to slowly build thr setup over the next couple of weeks.

Im going to start with the pure water then tank installation then finish of by adding a delivery system and wfp.

Pure water setup. I've tested my mains pressure which is 60psi, my tds level is currently sat at 275ppm. I've identified this prefilter. Do I need a 3 stage. What are the benefits of having 3. Should I just use the 2 and swap one to a sediment filter?

Screenshot_20220212-111414_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-101521_eBay.jpg

As for the RO I've picked out the below. With the membrane the pressure states 80psi for the ultra low and 100psi for the low. With my pressure at 60psi will I need a booster pump.

Screenshot_20220212-112548_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220212-111249_Chrome.jpg

Di will be either of these below.Screenshot_20220212-113239_Chrome.jpg

Any advice on plumbing the setup. I've not decided if I want the setup in the van or not.

Thanks

Chris

Hi all

I'm ready to start investing into a pure water setup and start using wfp. I'm going to slowly build thr setup over the next couple of weeks.

Im going to start with the pure water then tank installation then finish of by adding a delivery system and wfp.

Pure water setup. I've tested my mains pressure which is 60psi, my tds level is currently sat at 275ppm. I've identified this prefilter. Do I need a 3 stage. What are the benefits of having 3. Should I just use the 2 and swap one to a sediment filter?

View attachment 26443

View attachment 26442

As for the RO I've picked out the below. With the membrane the pressure states 80psi for the ultra low and 100psi for the low. With my pressure at 60psi will I need a booster pump.

View attachment 26444View attachment 26445

Di will be either of these below.View attachment 26446

Any advice on plumbing the setup. I've not decided if I want the setup in the van or not.

Thanks

Chris
Hello Chris. Firsty stay away from Ebay and buy from suppliers who actually know the trade 

Many companies out there like Bladeright Lee Martin, Daqua Doug can best advise you and supply the highest quality of equipment with the correct pressure rated RO's and brand names that are known unlike overpriced Chineseium clones.

https://www.daqua.co.uk/

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/

Hello Chris. Firsty stay away from Ebay and buy from suppliers who actually know the trade 

Many companies out there like Bladeright Lee Martin, Daqua Doug can best advise you and supply the highest quality of equipment with the correct pressure rated RO's and brand names that are known unlike overpriced Chineseium clones.

https://www.daqua.co.uk/

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/
Thanks for the advice.

With the ebay filters I was asking for info on 2 or 3 filters. The RO and Di is from Daqua.

Thanks for the advice.

With the ebay filters I was asking for info on 2 or 3 filters. The RO and Di is from Daqua.
I wouldn't use ebay ones as the blue plastic wall bracket breaks with cold weather and becomes brittle. Also undoing the filter housing can break because the tiny screws shear out.

Really need an all metal bracket I think Vyair sell them

I use a 5 micron sediment cartridge and carbon block 

You could run a 3 stage but have 10, 5 sediment with a carbon block so it's a step down.

Then 11ltr min DI vessel 

If you have the room to store an IBC, garage or shed, then don't put it in the van, you're only carrying extra weight in the van otherwise. Why are you buying a 4021 not a 4040? You will need to know your water pressure to buy the correct membrane for the R/O as well.

If you have the room to store an IBC, garage or shed, then don't put it in the van, you're only carrying extra weight in the van otherwise. Why are you buying a 4021 not a 4040? You will need to know your water pressure to buy the correct membrane for the R/O as well.
I don't have the room for an external tank at the moment. I was deciding on having the filtration system either in the van or build a little home for it outside and run it into the van tank in the evenings.

Thanks for the advice.

My best advice is to simply speak to Doug and tell him what space you have, what water pressure and tds along with an honest budget and let him be the one to choose and assemble a package for you.

You won't get ripped off or end up buying tat.

My best advice is to simply speak to Doug and tell him what space you have, what water pressure and tds along with an honest budget and let him be the one to choose and assemble a package for you.

You won't get ripped off or end up buying tat.
Cheers.

I've sent them a message on the website ?

Hi all

View attachment 26443

View attachment 26442

View attachment 26444View attachment 26445

Di will be either of these below.View attachment 26446

Thanks

Chris
You only need 2 prefilters; a sediment and a carbon block. I always recommend a Fiberdyne carbon block as they have a long service life. If your water has very little sediment or sediment free, you can get away with just a single Fiberdyne carbon filter as it will also act as a sediment filter. Our water has a lot of sediment, so we need to use a sediment filter.

Most r/o suppliers also sell r/o's for other applications. If you are selling an r/o to the drinks industry, you add a 3rd prefilter to make the water taste better.

We put our water through a resin chemical wash so we don't recommend we drink the water unless we are literally dying of thirst.

I opted for a 4040 RO from the cleaning warehouse. It came with the membrane already inside. 

Is the below lined up correctly as I'm not sure? Looks like the membrane doesn't look right.

20220222_195308.jpg

Update. I ended up going to see Lee at Bladeright. Top guy, sorted me out with a 400l tank. V16 controller and pump. 25ft boss carbon pole with univalve and sill brush. 100m hose reel gave me a hand to set it up and away I go.

Very happy with the set up. Jobs are quicker and tricky windows are less now.

It was taking over 4 hours to fill the tank so I purchase the 4040 booster pump from the cleaning warehouse and now its taking roughly 1.5 hours.

Thanks all for your advice ?

Back