Fair deal

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by gray4, May 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. gray4

gray4 Member

Just wondering what people thoughts on this I have too much work I have over 500 houses which most want done once every 2weeks
    Was thinking off taking on sumone and giving them £180 per week is that fair or am I being a scrooge lol

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

If it's more than 15hrs work then no

3. cheapncheerful

welcome gray4..at the end of the day if they are happy to work for that then no probs....there are of course a lot of factors....what happens when they are rained off. how much time for lunch, what kind of work they do, how honest they are to stop them pinching extra work but on the other hand if you have too much work and need to keep on top of it...good luck and let us know how you get on:)

good point jj windowcleaners...if your training as well...good wage...

4. JJ Window Cleaners

If you take on an apprentice, that's a good wage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. gray4

gray4 Member

The boy is only 16 and all I expect him to do is 10 in the morning have a hour or so off then 10 in the afternoon that takes 100 off me per week all the houses he would be doing are close together

6. cheapncheerful

and of course the energy of youth.....oh god i wish i could get it back....wish i was on that wage at 16...:)

7. Sam

Sam Newcomer

I'd say the adult min wage of £6.31p/h for the first month to see if he is keen and willing to pull his weight. £7p/h training for 3 months to get him upto speed. I would then pay around £8.50p/h for the rest of the year with a review of increasing his wage at the end. Aslong as he is still keen and not taking advantage in anyway I would then pay around £10p/h in not abit more.

8. cheapncheerful

dont get carried away i think i will come and work for you.....:rofl: call it £8ph....pretty good scale....better than my dad gave me...

9. TolishAPurd

Instead of just sending him out to work on houses, why not work alongside him? 1 does front, the other back? ...don't put that bit in the advert theough, you'll get all sorts of wierdos.:confused:

I personally wouldnt pay any more then 7.50 an hour unless they were the ****ox.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not want a youngster to work on his/her own either to be honest. As an employer you have a duty of care for his/her safety including structured training. Also provide the most appropriate methods & tools for the job to comply with working a height act. Needless to say you would need to get employers liability insurance too and then deal with employment law & payroll.

It’s a whole new ball game when employing someone so good luck with that regardless how much you want to pay him/her to work for you.

Advertisement