Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO All Squeegee App users - Urgent

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Personally not the type of customer I'd want. They will know if they've paid you so they are dishonest. I agree that the App isn't doing the job you're paying it to do but you shouldn't worry about losing chancer customers. 
Completely agree mate. I don't think any of the few I have will be like that, doesn't mean no one would. It's the principal of the matter.

Completely agree mate. I don't think any of the few I have will be like that, doesn't mean no one would. It's the principal of the matter.
Personally would ask for a free period of 6 months of using the App or bin it. I'd run a parallel system now and review in 6 months. By all accounts when it works it's good but it appears to be currently  more trouble then it's worth. Don't like to see genuine people fail but if it's costing you time, and stress, then how long do you give it. 

If it only took 3 hours to fix on Monday then why did it take you guys ten and a half hours to respond to my email (sent at 6:30 Tuesday morning) asking you to confirm if customers were getting emails saying they had paid. The reason for the delay getting back to me ''My apologies for not getting back to you sooner but we made the call that fixing the issue was the priority so that we could update users with a solution rather than more details about the problem''I've not long got off the phone to a customer giving me an earful, thought her husband had paid! At the start of the conversation she was cancelling but thankfully I managed to turn it around

Apologies for the trouble this has caused you with your customer P4dstar, as we said in the post above and in the email you are referring to, we spent much of the rest of the day developing the following release (1.6.2) to retroactively correct in invoices incorrectly marked.

Personally would ask for a free period of 6 months of using the App or bin it. I'd run a parallel system now and review in 6 months. By all accounts when it works it's good but it appears to be currently  more trouble then it's worth. Don't like to see genuine people fail but if it's costing you time, and stress, then how long do you give it. 
It's not the money mate, they're welcome to the few quid they take for it. I would rather get a guarantee they would slow down the new features and concentrate on getting things right. I'm sure the other guys would agree with this.

Had I lost that customer this evening it would have cost me £130 over the next year. She wasn't trying her luck, she was genuinely p1ssed that she got an email saying paid and thought her husband had so first thought I was taking the p1ss.

I dunno how long to give it. I don't want to use CP, I don't like the layout and the app for it is ?. I'm genuinely gutted this isn't just working.

Apologies for the trouble this has caused you with your customer P4dstar, as we said in the post above and in the email you are referring to, we spent much of the rest of the day developing the following release (1.6.2) to retroactively correct in invoices incorrectly marked.
My response above was sent in anger guys. Perhaps there has just been some miscommunication on this. One thing I will say is I have never believed you intended to let people down or that you aren't trying hard to resolve issues.

As I said above I think given the issues this week and previous issues with BT internet emails I would like to know you guys will focus efforts on making the current app work rather than adding new features. I appreciate people are calling out for new features to move over from CP. I feel you guys are pushing to give these people what they want and losing sight of us minions who genuinely need your app to run our businesses right now not when it has X, Y & Z features.

Some of the best businesses in the world have gone through hard times when they focus on getting new customers instead of looking after their current ones!

It sounds like the pen is mightier than the app in this instance. I’ve been thinking about migrating my work records over to the digital realm for a while now as I’ve been using digital software for my accounting and it’s great but after hearing all this I think I’ll stick with the tried and tested method. If it ain’t broke dont fix it. 

It sounds like the pen is mightier than the app in this instance. I’ve been thinking about migrating my work records over to the digital realm for a while now as I’ve been using digital software for my accounting and it’s great but after hearing all this I think I’ll stick with the tried and tested method. If it ain’t broke dont fix it. 
What happens when your record books get soaking wet and illegible after a pipe bursts in your home while your away on holiday?

Yes, the apps have issues and drawbacks, but storing things online fundamentally is safer in that you can instantly make copies and store them on servers across the globe. Even a simple spreadsheet is better as this can be uploaded to a cloud storing software. This goes for everything important, obviously. 

Yes you could make multiple physical copies and store them in a range of locations far enough apart, but then you constantly have to manually update them every time you make a change and I highly doubt anyone does this. 

I think @P4dstar has hit the nail on the head on this and I was one that highly recommended them at the end of last year and also suggested several features.   However it is simply not working for us anymore. 

Yesterday again it was Mark telling me he had been on the phone with them to sort issues, Andy wont even bother calling them any more as he feels that's just a waste of time.  

My personal take is the response of 'it will be fixed in the next release' has become almost robotic,  when I expressed frustration at lads sitting around not earning because of an app fault I was told to 'conduct myself in a professional manner' by a member of staff.  Unlike me I bit my tongue and  finished the conversation. 

Yes @Squeegee App the feedback you receive is and should be treated as invaluable so listen to @P4dstar - make it work right first - add new features once you  have beta tested them with a select few for several weeks. 

As for us we are tired and just want to go to work, I am not looking forward to transferring a the customers back to CP but rather that than the almost daily discussions about what's wrong with the app now as kev says. 

What happens when your record books get soaking wet and illegible after a pipe bursts in your home while your away on holiday?

Yes, the apps have issues and drawbacks, but storing things online fundamentally is safer in that you can instantly make copies and store them on servers across the globe. Even a simple spreadsheet is better as this can be uploaded to a cloud storing software. This goes for everything important, obviously. 

Yes you could make multiple physical copies and store them in a range of locations far enough apart, but then you constantly have to manually update them every time you make a change and I highly doubt anyone does this. 
I hear what your saying but it’s very unlikely and sounds like your clutching at straws to justify that your doing the right thing. I’ve been doing it that way for over 20 years with 0 problems whilst every other day I come here to hear about some sort of software problem. Like I said I’m all for change but only if it makes things better. 

I hear what your saying but it’s very unlikely and sounds like your clutching at straws to justify that your doing the right thing. I’ve been doing it that way for over 20 years with 0 problems whilst every other day I come here to hear about some sort of software problem. Like I said I’m all for change but only if it makes things better. 

The only negative I see for pen and paper is the fact that you have to go through every single entry individually where is with the computerised system you have your entire debt list ata glance or other reports at a glance where as with pen and paper as said before you have to go through every item individually but yes you are correct your note pad will never crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a little stressful, sorry to hear it guys. 

@Green Pro Clean Ltd maybe a YouTube video comparing all the different cleaning programs, what they do, price, support, etc? I use Aworka and don’t know anything about the others.

Obviously sounds like you’ll be quite busy in the mean time with this possibly 

The only negative I see for pen and paper is the fact that you have to go through every single entry individually where is with the computerised system you have your entire debt list ata glance or other reports at a glance where as with pen and paper as said before you have to go through every item individually but yes you are correct your note pad will never crash.
And that’s why I really want to go digital as I can see were it will have major advantages. I’m just not convinced that there is software out there for me just yet. I’ve been using quick books for my accounting recently and it’s been a revelation. Hope something comes out that’s just as good for window cleaning round management. 

Sounds a little stressful, sorry to hear it guys. 

@Green Pro Clean Ltd maybe a YouTube video comparing all the different cleaning programs, what they do, price, support, etc? I use Aworka and don’t know anything about the others.

Obviously sounds like you’ll be quite busy in the mean time with this possibly 

No can do as I have not used all of them. Also as I am currently dispondent with Squeegee I dont think it would be a fair bias. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, I don’t need to justify myself, don’t worry mate!

What I was saying was in relation to all sensitive and important data. Burst pipes, fires, brake ins, accidents, they all happen and they happen everyday. I’m happy you’ve managed for over 20 years with no problems but that’s simply down to chance, it’s the insurance policy of ‘it’ll never happen to me’. No one plans for there house to burn down, to be in a accident, but we take precautions just incase. 

Like i I said in my post, a simple spreadsheet which is backed up would be adaqute. I use to do that myself and if needs be would go back to it. The issues are with the specific Squeegee app, not with storing data digitally. That in itself is proven. 

So by all means don’t use Squeegee, cause your right, it’s buggy at the moment and can be a hassle. Don’t even use a spreadsheet. But at least take pictures of your written round and store it in some form of cloud storage. You’ll get something free with your phone, either Google Drive or Apple Files. Then remember to update it monthly as customers change. You will probably (and hopefully) never need it. But there may come a day your thankful for it!

And that’s why I really want to go digital as I can see were it will have major advantages. I’m just not convinced that there is software out there for me just yet. I’ve been using quick books for my accounting recently and it’s been a revelation. Hope something comes out that’s just as good for window cleaning round management. 
The software has been out years and is perfectly capable of doing the job, I have used cloud-based round tracking programs for over 6 years or more off the top of my head unless you take the plunge with a free trial you will never know, The amount of client information that can be detailed and stored far outweighs a pen and paper as you can't get a full name address phone number and email address of over 300 clients this can't all be written down in a pad and if you lose it how are you to access all that data again including debts, neither would I like to write it all out from one pad to the next.  

The software has been out years and is perfectly capable of doing the job, I have used cloud-based round tracking programs for over 6 years or more off the top of my head unless you take the plunge with a free trial you will never know, The amount of client information that can be detailed and stored far outweighs a pen and paper as you can't get a full name address phone number and email address of over 300 clients this can't all be written down in a pad and if you lose it how are you to access all that data again including debts, neither would I like to write it all out from one pad to the next.  
I have looked at a couple of free trials and they are not for me. Can’t be doing with faffing about with all that info when it’s not needed. I like to keep things simple. Maybe if I had some pita customers that need constant payment reminders or need telling that I’m due etc then I could understand the need but I don’t. Street name and number, price, frequency and debt and that’s it for me. The odd one I’ll have their number stored in my phone for access issues. All that can be easily stored in an a6 hardback book that can be easily carried on me at all times and needs rewriting once a year so no biggee. As said I can see certain advantages but not enough for me to make the move. One of the big ones for me was for tax record reasons but now I’m using accounting software and all my income is put through that there’s no need. 

Hahaha, I don’t need to justify myself, don’t worry mate!

What I was saying was in relation to all sensitive and important data. Burst pipes, fires, brake ins, accidents, they all happen and they happen everyday. I’m happy you’ve managed for over 20 years with no problems but that’s simply down to chance, it’s the insurance policy of ‘it’ll never happen to me’. No one plans for there house to burn down, to be in a accident, but we take precautions just incase. 

Like i I said in my post, a simple spreadsheet which is backed up would be adaqute. I use to do that myself and if needs be would go back to it. The issues are with the specific Squeegee app, not with storing data digitally. That in itself is proven. 

So by all means don’t use Squeegee, cause your right, it’s buggy at the moment and can be a hassle. Don’t even use a spreadsheet. But at least take pictures of your written round and store it in some form of cloud storage. You’ll get something free with your phone, either Google Drive or Apple Files. Then remember to update it monthly as customers change. You will probably (and hopefully) never need it. But there may come a day your thankful for it!
I wasn’t trying to patronise you just giving my opinion from experience. You’ve got to do what’s best for you it’s as simple as that and I keep hearing bad things about these software programs and I’m doing perfectly fine without them but you never know what the future holds. 

Back