Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleaned my GFS with hot water & Viro-sol with a sponge, very good and I think its even better than Ubik.

Will be better when I get the wfp wi the sill brush. Just dip the brush in the mixture and scrub away and then rinse, that's my next project. Don't think one needs pure water, tap water should be fine.

I've a spray head attachment for my gardniers pole Scottish cleaning services.... conte to to back pack spray mix on leave for 5 mins then swap spray head to brush head and connect to outside tap attigitate with the watch it melt of and rinse..... found dipping and scrubbing time consuming and all about saving time and making life easier can send pics tomorrow of set up if you want and a bronze wool pad from DA components is invaluable 

Used Screwfix £8 a gallon Degreaser today with hot water and i'm mighty impressed. Because it's clear it doesn't leave any trace (colour) if you leave it on to long. It also seems really concentrated and doesn't take much to move the mildew. In the end I believe its just your preference to which one (Ubik, Vir-sol & Degreaser) you prefer! But the Degreaser is easy to buy with Screwfix open 7 days.

@scottish cleaning service - couldn’t see the hose attachment - is it a standard hose lock style connector?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn't get to excited with that 5.5m lance, its discontinued. Problem with softwashing is the seals don't last long unless you get metal seals, so the guy at Rutland pumps told me today. I just bought a £20 hand pump pressure sprayer and will need to go up the ladder. Not putting chemicals through my new SLX pole even after the warranty expires. Out at Bonnytons in Beith for some Biocide and soap. Guy said in the last 3 months the orders have flew in and he doesn't know why. I know, Scotland just finding out about softwashing but SEPA not to happy about chemicals going down drains unless fully diluted 2,000 times with water.

I wouldn't get to excited with that 5.5m lance, its discontinued. Problem with softwashing is the seals don't last long unless you get metal seals, so the guy at Rutland pumps told me today. I just bought a £20 hand pump pressure sprayer and will need to go up the ladder. Not putting chemicals through my new SLX pole even after the warranty expires. Out at Bonnytons in Beith for some Biocide and soap. Guy said in the last 3 months the orders have flew in and he doesn't know why. I know, Scotland just finding out about softwashing but SEPA not to happy about chemicals going down drains unless fully diluted 2,000 times with water.
Once it goes down the drain it will sit in a line thats full of gallons of water thats stagnant in the system, it will stay there until the next rain comes which will dilute it to a fraction of a percentage by the time it re-enters the watercycle. This is what my uncle told me who works for welsh water. I think the main concern is big factories and permanent premises when it comes to water pollution. (E.g. i know car wash garages have to have special drains put in i think) because they constantly use chemicals. Its good to be responsible i know but think of all the stuff people use everyday, bleach, car shampoos, driveway cleaners etc. when you’re talking one off jobs i think youre pretty safe unless youre using some really nasty stuff. Id be more worried about the immediate environment (plant borders, pets, presence of the public etc)

Once it goes down the drain it will sit in a line thats full of gallons of water thats stagnant in the system, it will stay there until the next rain comes which will dilute it to a fraction of a percentage by the time it re-enters the watercycle. This is what my uncle told me who works for welsh water. I think the main concern is big factories and permanent premises when it comes to water pollution. (E.g. i know car wash garages have to have special drains put in i think) because they constantly use chemicals. Its good to be responsible i know but think of all the stuff people use everyday, bleach, car shampoos, driveway cleaners etc. when you’re talking one off jobs i think youre pretty safe unless youre using some really nasty stuff. Id be more worried about the immediate environment (plant borders, pets, presence of the public etc)

I totally agree but SEPA Scotland may not. It one dilutes anything 2000 times then it is neutralised so the scientist in the fire brigade said. So after using chemicals then one should hose down with copious fresh water. We don't have water meters up here, yet.

My mate used my pole and 10% solution degreaser with a 100% fan,sill flocked brush. He said it was amazing and is now ditching the ladders. He connected the hose to the gardiners backpack  but moan about the short time the solution ran out. Next step will be tank in the van but the pole is the way to go. :1f609:

Got another Gardiner rocket pac delivered today. Tomorrow I have Gutters to clear and clean underside, fascia and soffit brown. Don't ask me why the builder fitted white gutters but keeps us in a job. One backpack with degreaser and other backpack with tap water. Clearing gutter with paddle attachment that screws into a painters pole. Let you know how I get on.

Got another Gardiner rocket pac delivered today. Tomorrow I have Gutters to clear and clean underside, fascia and soffit brown. Don't ask me why the builder fitted white gutters but keeps us in a job. One backpack with degreaser and other backpack with tap water. Clearing gutter with paddle attachment that screws into a painters pole. Let you know how I get on.

Do you have a picture of this attachment? Trying anything to get rid of my ladders at the moment without having to fork too much out on a vac!

Cleaned two houses gutters and cleared them with the progutter tool. Two small porches gutters and drainpipes, not blocked thank heavens. £60 each and took me 3hrs by pole. The Vac would have been quicker but when I cleared the North face gutter it was full of ice which made it easier by hand. I wonder how the Vac would have coped with long strips of ice?

Back