Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fast fill v Submersible Pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dyson123

Hi, for those of you fill a backpacks from your van tank. Is fastfill/gravity fast enough or is a submersible pump so much faster? Aside from the Gardiner backpack I have a 70l trolley that I could be using on occasion so wouldn’t want to be standing forever filing it….

Subversive pump everytime. A decent pump and 1 inch reinforced pipe is what I use to fill my 450 tank. Fills in from empty in around 3 minutes. Gravity fed would probably take an age and the holding tank would have to be off the ground to get it to be at its most efficient.

Subversive pump everytime. A decent pump and 1 inch reinforced pipe is what I use to fill my 450 tank. Fills in from empty in around 3 minutes. Gravity fed would probably take an age and the holding tank would have to be off the ground to get it to be at its most efficient.
Cheers, in your situation it’s a no brainer.
I’m only filling 70l but usually just 20l and the van tank would be well above the level of the backpack which would be on the ground…

Gardiners do a small submersible pump that fits through the hole in your van tank.
I’ve got one for filling up the odd barrel if I or my son uses the trolley.
It’s miles faster than gravity ???‍?

I have a fast fill on my tank... Its great when the tank is full, but when it's down to half it really slows down.

I think a sub pump is the way to go ?

That wasn't the question though was it :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the reply
Leave it through a drilled hole or just through the lid in the tank
I just drilled a hole close to the lid of the tank. I have no ‘handle’ at the end of mine. I just turn the switch off then put my thumb over the end, then lift the end of the hose higher than the tank to release the excess water back into the tank.
If I remember I’ll take a couple of pictures ?

the inner of my tank lid dissapeared a few years ago. a nicrofiber cloth bunged in the small hole does the job . easier to fill tank up just pull cloth out and replace

Back