Faulty Brodex Trolley

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Masons, Apr 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

I have the brodex trolley like the one pictured here:

http://www.windowcleaningsupplies.net/images/product/main/0/product_full646.jpg

Now, I bought it last year, hardly been used, for £350.
    I used it twice and have had it standing in the garage for 18months or so.

I came round to giving it a test to sell, so I charged the battery for a good few hours, and the charging light came on fine.
    Now, it won't work.
    I checked the hose for blockages and nothing, I checked the wiring as much as I could and seems fine.
    Unknown why it's stopped.
    I am debating about taking it to a shop nearby who sell and maintain cleaning systems (Ace Janitorial), can you think of anything else I can check before I get them to look at it, as it'll cost me money, also, it's up for sale after, so if anybody is interested let me know. hehe

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Masons - pressure switch may have stuck in off position - try taking the 2 wires that connect with spade connectors to the bottom of the pump and joining them together.

Also - when you checked to see if it would run, did you have pole connected as this can cause the same thing.

With the speed control - try it in various positions just in case it is playing up - it may work on full power.

And of course - fuse!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Advertisement