Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Faulty Univalve?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyBe

Hi everyone,

I've just received my first Univalve. But when I try to pull its bottom leg with my naked fingers, it's completely fixed and sturdy, although I would normally suppose it to move between two positions. 
Should I try to install the Univalve anyway and hope that the bottom leg will somehow start moving when the Univalve is fitted with all its o-rings?
Or should I simply raise a complaint immediately and ask for a new part, whose bottom leg will be easily movable even with my naked fingers?

Sorry for a dull question and thanks for any advice ?

Hi everyone,

I've just received my first Univalve. But when I try to pull its bottom leg with my naked fingers, it's completely fixed and sturdy, although I would normally suppose it to move between two positions. 
Should I try to install the Univalve anyway and hope that the bottom leg will somehow start moving when the Univalve is fitted with all its o-rings?
Or should I simply raise a complaint immediately and ask for a new part, whose bottom leg will be easily movable even with my naked fingers?

Sorry for a dull question and thanks for any advice ?
You shouldn't be able to pull open a Univalve with your fingers

The spring tension is there to work alongside the hose as a lever

When working with a pole at height and each 1Ltr or water through the hose weighing 1kg the univalve would open and close with the springing action of the hose

Just install it correctly and then test is

itll be fine once youve put the hose on. they are hard to operate without, I guess the spring is made strong enough to withstand the weight of the hose full of water when you you are working without it making it operate.

@Apw1210, @High-tower,

Many thanks, guys. I also suppose the Univalve can be fitted only on the 6mm hose. If I use a 4mm one, I suppose I will need a short piece of 6mm hose plus two 4mm to 6mm adapters. Am I right?
Don't use anything else other than what it's recommended for

Adding pieces of hose joiners and clips etc will cause it to foul fail and break. 4mm hose will seriously affect your flow which in turn is longer less effective cleaning

Back