Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fed up of window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the other forum is a load of poop that’s why I came to hear to ask for advice and for opinions.

I’ve got thick skin mate I’m 23 I’m going to make a lot of mistakes and learn from them. Often don’t get the response I’d like to hear but it is what it is take it on the chin and move on.
One thing I can tell you is I wouldn't be where I am without the lads on here. Even the willy wavers have some solid advice hidden amongst the bull 💩 There's only ever been one that I could honestly say wasn't helping people.

I can tell you his windscreen tip PJJ... Call the insurance company and pay your £75 excess, they will replace the screen.... In other news going to the beach increases the likelihood you will come into contact with Sand. Follow my channel for more top tips 😂
that wasnt my tip. if ever you are getting a cracked screen mended the guy will often strike up a lighter below the crack ,inside, to draw the resin into the crack . but on a porsche theres a very thin layer of plastic on the inside surface

that wasnt my tip. if ever you are getting a cracked screen mended the guy will often strike up a lighter below the crack ,inside, to draw the resin into the crack . but on a porsche theres a very thin layer of plastic on the inside surface
I'm not gonna lie, I'd let him crack on for sh1ts and giggles. If he doesn't know that he shouldn't be touching the car. That said I'm a van life guy not a sports car guy so I wouldn't find myself in that position.

lets hear bout ya porsche PJJ , what models it? if its a 924 its ok to lie and say its a 944 -and vice versa if you want to be low key .Heres a second porsche tip dont leave keys in ignition while you go to open a garage door. This was what i was doing and the central locking locked me out

its al

l jokey , however ,be straight with me for a mo,,,,,, your biz really IS a tuppenny hapenny operation is" nt it? oh i know you try to flannel folk with your talk of travelling the length and breadth but anyone whose been in this biz a decent amount of time senses a **** talkin holy joe
I only sense one person **** talking and it isn’t Paul
Far too many 🔔ends on here now with 1 or 2 year experience thinking they know it all. Was a far better forum with Scottish on it bring him back please
Scottish was a complete and utter drain on the forum and it’s members
Only 33 years experience here though so what do I know😂
i never was a hoot no. thing is i dont pretend im something im not . however the parias that haunt this forum they really do luv giving out duff advice when theyv not even been there and done it
How would you know what anyone on here has done or not?
Thats the way threads have always gone on here mate. The first few responses have the good stuff in. Beyond that it follows the mood of the forum. It's a strangely argumentative one at the moment. Perhaps because of the lack of moderators. I'll be honest usually things need to go much further before a thread even gets locked, let alone removed. Threads like this are mainly a healthy debate and keep a forum alive.
Only me moderating at the mo mate
We could do with someone else as well really
I’m often too busy lately to put a proper shift in on here and read everything

@Ethan EZ -Clean it must be contagious mate because the last couple of days or so I've been fed with window cleaning. Nothing that won't get sorted out, just a few late payers, a couple of awkward jobs etc. I can put up with an awkward job if the customer is nice, or a nice job where the customer is awkward, but not double awkward lol.

You know your business better than anyone. If you have a good employee who trusts you and vice versa they will be worth their weight in gold once they pass their driving test. It's a lot of faith to put in someone, so I hope it's reciprocated back to you. If you are 23 and live with your parents and they are supportive and you can grow your business now then good luck to you mate. Give it a few years and you'll be flying along and getting your own place etc. It's hard narrowing down what's the best and most profitable work (and what you enjoy), but I'm sure if you could tell yourself from last year where you have got to now you'd be delighted.

@Ethan EZ -Clean it must be contagious mate because the last couple of days or so I've been fed with window cleaning. Nothing that won't get sorted out, just a few late payers, a couple of awkward jobs etc. I can put up with an awkward job if the customer is nice, or a nice job where the customer is awkward, but not double awkward lol.

You know your business better than anyone. If you have a good employee who trusts you and vice versa they will be worth their weight in gold once they pass their driving test. It's a lot of faith to put in someone, so I hope it's reciprocated back to you. If you are 23 and live with your parents and they are supportive and you can grow your business now then good luck to you mate. Give it a few years and you'll be flying along and getting your own place etc. It's hard narrowing down what's the best and most profitable work (and what you enjoy), but I'm sure if you could tell yourself from last year where you have got to now you'd be delighted.
Cheers scrubbsy,

Yeah my mums supportive of it. My dad used to run businesses before he left and she’d help out a lot with them she said I’m like him with my decision making 😂 she said I shouldn’t have taken someone on so soon also. Maybe she’s right. Being young has its benefits I can make mistakes and **** up now and go back to the drawing board without worrying too much and with no dependents it’s even better.

It’ll all come along eventually Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was any business.

Cheers scrubbsy,

Yeah my mums supportive of it. My dad used to run businesses before he left and she’d help out a lot with them she said I’m like him with my decision making 😂 she said I shouldn’t have taken someone on so soon also. Maybe she’s right. Being young has its benefits I can make mistakes and **** up now and go back to the drawing board without worrying too much and with no dependents it’s even better.

It’ll all come along eventually Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was any business.
@Ethan EZ -Clean we all learn mate. If it doesn't work out with your worker then at least you know you gave it a good shot. For what it's worth I don't think you're messing anything up. If a couple of things go wrong, or there are some aspects of work you don't like, then so be it, but I'm sure you'll do very well. And yes, always listen to your Mum. It's not just her advice that will be good, she also won't want you to be stressed or wearing yourself out 👍.

No it’s understandable mate, I was seeing things from my perspective only really. What you have said makes sense and now I’m looking at the alternatives and seeing what makes sense for myself and the business going forward whether that’s letting him go or not.

The thread ended up winding me up after the first few good replies tbh it started just becoming a war so I’ve asked for it to be taken down by the moderators.

Cheers for the input though giant it’s much appreciated
It's a shame that it's turned into a circus thread, you can delete the thread on your own without a mod it's entirely up to you.

Onwards and upwards it's a new week (y)

The jobs absolutely terrible, like 99% of jobs though it's repetitive daily and not any fun. Power washing and cleaning out gutters are in that sane bracket. You just don't think it is because you aren't doing it daily. Washing some mud of a brick isn't any different to washing some dirt from a window.

People who have to use there brain for jobs aren't washing mud off dirty bricks.

There are two members, possibly just one with two memberships who knows, but definitely not you.
I can see everyone’s ip addresses and the fact someone in this thread has had several and also been deleted before and also comes from different parts of the country depending on what user name
They were before my time. You want Green back really, its ok to say it 😂
Kevin smiths was blatantly a bot but we had fun with it
Cheepncheerful was a great guy but don’t know what happened to him
He was just mental but good craic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back