Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Few more questions (again lol)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for the ladder and marks advice.

In terms of the ladder placement it's like the picture below - how would you get to the ones on the right? Can you put the ladder at an angle like that?

And yes, I wish I could go WFP but I just can't afford it at the minute, I've bought most of the trad stuff now anyway.

View attachment 15108
Your not gonna get them safely on your own and with em being leaded trad pole is out of the question. Back in the day we would either walked the roof(completely ok as I’ve taken much advice from roofers about were to walk on certain types of tiles with out breaking them but not the best option in this day and age) or get someone to foot you and pull the ladder right out missing the lower gutter. IMO wfp is by far the only way. As a last resort you could get me from inside when the custy is in and just do em every now and again but that’s a real ball ache. If your 100% trad I’d seriously advise on getting a partner for safety issues. This would also get you out of pickles like this.[emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for the ladder and marks advice.

In terms of the ladder placement it's like the picture below - how would you get to the ones on the right? Can you put the ladder at an angle like that?

And yes, I wish I could go WFP but I just can't afford it at the minute, I've bought most of the trad stuff now anyway.

View attachment 15108
I’ve found here in the states that a lot of windows on the upper floors can be washed from the inside. I rarely had to was second/third floor windows from outside with a pole.

Welcome @Barry-the-roofer-man the UK model is very different to what you do in the US. 

Here domestic clients have their windows cleaned monthly, outside only and with pre arranged access so they dont need to wait home for us. 

The majority of lads are using WFP here and clean anywhere from 10 - 30 residences daily. 

US practices and UK practices are to different kettles of fish in this business.    

Welcome @Barry-the-roofer-man the UK model is very different to what you do in the US. 

Here domestic clients have their windows cleaned monthly, outside only and with pre arranged access so they dont need to wait home for us. 

The majority of lads are using WFP here and clean anywhere from 10 - 30 residences daily. 

US practices and UK practices are to different kettles of fish in this business.    
Customer of mine had some friends over from the states a few months back, they had never even seen WFP. I know they exist over there because of the likes of @LukeTheWindowCleaner. I remember reading that they often have annual cleans that cost a fortune and take half a day instead of regular maintenance cleans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer of mine had some friends over from the states a few months back, they had never even seen WFP. I know they exist over there because of the likes of [mention=6945]LukeTheWindowCleaner[/mention]. I remember reading that they often have annual cleans that cost a fortune and take half a day instead of regular maintenance cleans.
I actually find that most people don’t want to wash their own windows but forget about paying someone else to do their windows. And a lot of businesses don’t see the need to keep the windows clean even though it affects their business, especially restaurants.
To get the big clients, I not only have to have my business license, but I have to be insured and bonded. This ends up costing nearly a thousand dollars a year with no guarantees. The guy starting his own business can’t do what the national franchise chains do, even if he does a better job. Rough.

Latest Posts

Back