Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finally got van fitted out!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi pjj,

ive fitted a pole holder using similar pipe to you - how did you secure the poles inside the piping?

mine seems to slide up and down a little every time I accelerate, brake or go over the countless speed humps in London?

I don’t secure them just slide them in never had a problem with them moving in the tubes 

Poles shouldn’t move to much as gooseneck stops it

For your telescopic poles for an upstanding at the end to stop it moving

*fit

Yeah ive got a crew cap on the very end to stop it. Pole seems to slide out towards the rear of the vehicle and then obviously it can then slide forward again until it reaches the end cap.

had a tiring couple of days switching over to WFP....... that hose gets caught EVERYWHERE!

ive developed a new hatred for car tyres and especially wheelie bin wheels ?

just noticed that that the tank is leaking at the bottom/underneath - what a faff ?

E17CF3BB-3758-405C-BCF6-C79BEF620CE2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah ive got a crew cap on the very end to stop it. Pole seems to slide out towards the rear of the vehicle and then obviously it can then slide forward again until it reaches the end cap.

had a tiring couple of days switching over to WFP....... that hose gets caught EVERYWHERE!

ive developed a new hatred for car tyres and especially wheelie bin wheels ?

just noticed that that the tank is leaking at the bottom/underneath - what a faff ?

View attachment 14940

You are bound to have a few teathing problems, stick with it after a few weeks you will get the hang of it and never look back , have you got anyone who you can go out with to see how they do it to offer some help ? I felt exactly the same as you I was doing half the work in a day with wfp that I could do trad but after the second and third clean I was doing a third more work per day wfp than trad take your time with the first clean make sure that the frames are thoroughly clean next time you will be much quicker , 

@Spartan are you sure the tank is leaking as in it it is damaged, as a spillage from the tank lid or a drip from a fitting which may need tightening and the water will pool in one area depending on were you park the van like on an incline in the road, My van slopes to one side because of were I park outside my garage so any leak which happened and I hadn't noticed the water will run to one side.

@P4dstar thought he had a hole in his tank and it was a fitting that needed tightening up, fittings do need checking once in a while after use even within a week as been under pressure and fluctuations in temperature can have an effect. 

@ IronGiant

no the tank hasn’t got a hole in I’m sure of that - it must be at least 10mm thick plastic!

it seems to be the tank fittings at the bottom. Had to  take the front panel off, drag the battery out ( not a lot of slack on the wiring) I’m hoping the fittings just need tightening but it was definitely sleeping out, and not where the brass elbows are soldered in.....

Why can’t the tank have these drilled into the top of the tank and hose going down inside, that way it’s virtually leak proof.

on the plus side, I’m quite enjoying the WFP system, it’s certainly slower (at the moment) but when I got home my knees weren’t aching ?

2A307BA9-0D8F-41C8-A513-5A8F14EB3124.jpeg

@ IronGiant
no the tank hasn’t got a hole in I’m sure of that - it must be at least 10mm thick plastic!
it seems to be the tank fittings at the bottom. Had to  take the front panel off, drag the battery out ( not a lot of slack on the wiring) I’m hoping the fittings just need tightening but it was definitely sleeping out, and not where the brass elbows are soldered in.....

Why can’t the tank have these drilled into the top of the tank and hose going down inside, that way it’s virtually leak proof.

on the plus side, I’m quite enjoying the WFP system, it’s certainly slower (at the moment) but when I got home my knees weren’t aching [emoji106]
View attachment 14941
Just wait till your shoulders and elbows start aching [emoji23]

County Durham Lad

@ IronGiant

on the plus side, I’m quite enjoying the WFP system, it’s certainly slower (at the moment) but when I got home my knees weren’t aching ?

View attachment 14941

The screw thread fittings will need ptfe tape on them to prevent them leaking , maybe there isn’t enough on them try re doing it quite often it will take 10 + turns of ptfe to get a good seal 

Latest Posts

Back