Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finger block paving

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was on a short training course for reinstating (making good) block paving years ago when we were fitting water meters. We were told to use kiln-dried sand brushed into the joints and vibrated in, if I remember correctly. Things might well be different now.
That was certainly the case years ago, but not the case now I am guessing it's an extra no one wants to bother with but surely this would ensure that the sand gets right down

That was the purpose. But of course the reality was more often than not less than ideal.

It's one thing to have kiln~dried sand which is very free running. But of course it's not always dry working conditions so the sand would get damp from the pavier blocks or weather. The slightest bit of which would make the sand much less free~running. We were always under time pressures to get to the next job.

I used the gravel from b&q  £5 a bag potting gravel worked a treat and looks spot on now customer happy with it my battery leaf blower blew off the excess no trouble at all i recken ide have used 4 bags of sand on that if i sanded it so saved a few quid there 

I went to the garden centre today looking for horticultural grit. This what I came up with. Both were of the 2-6mm size range. Pretty cheap too.

IMG_20210827_122045.jpg

IMG_20210827_122114.jpg

IMG_20210827_122223.jpg

IMG_20210827_122231.jpg

To be clear. Grit is not for use with ordinary block paving, where kiln dried sand should be used, but for blocks with spacer nibs that help create wider-than-normal joints for the water to pass through.

image.png

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back