Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Bash at WFP a success

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Like to see a vid on that if you had time?

I’ve got an absolute rotter of a cladding/Window/fascia job to do on Monday. I’ll definitely be using some bleach on that. I’ll see if I can get a video. Either that or I’ll get @Dave B to pop round and I’ll film him. Depends who’s ugly mug you want to see. 

I used to mess about cleaning twice etc

Now i have it sussed

Get some thick bleach from sainsbury for a quid @Adams0211 will agree with me on this one as i showed him and now he uses it too

Put an inch or so in a spray bottle with a tiny spot of dish soap and fill with pure

Don't make it any stronger as no need and once you start using it 50:50 with water it will stain upvc like hypo does (will turn back white within a short while anyway)

Spray the brush and rub it all over the top windows and spray the bottoms all over while you are at it

Scrub the top frames and above and rinse until all the black muck stops and the water runs off pure

Scrub the window and rest of the frame really well only turning the water on long enough to keep the glass wet and foamy

Turn the water on and clean just like a maintenance clean and rinse well

Job done

No 2nd clean for each window

All soap and dirt etc off the frames and rubber seals

Then give the sill a good scrub which will be easier as it has had the bleachy water sitting on it

Then same with bottoms which have had a good soak by then

An average 3 bed house i will probably take around 5 minutes longer than a maintenance clean
that's what I do, only difference is if its brown PVC use degreaser, fly through jobs, was a bit unsure 1st time and double checked when dry, now dont worry just crack on. How do brown frames cope with bleach? Save a few quid if ok

Back